Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

03 GTX SC Retrofit 06 RXP Aluminum Pump

I have received different/conflicting opinions on whether my GTX SC can take the RXP pump, I called Worx, RIVA, and finally talked to Bill O'Neal @ Watercraft Magic who thought it should work and gotta nice message from Oxidime in regards to whether I did the right thing or not by purchasing the pump. I hope it does work I found it thanks to one of the links posted in the classified section on here by one of the members, the pump only cost me $300.00 and it is complete w/ only 16 hrs on it supposedly. RIVA basically told me that it wouldn't fit because the driveshaft diameter is too large and I would have to alter the one on my GTX to fit it and generally discouraged my idea all the while trying to sell me an SS wear ring because he feared the pump would leak and cause all kinds of other problems. If anyone has done this process please either post on here or message me to tell me what to look out for or if I should even proceed trying to swap out or hold onto the one I got in case it fails, just kinda scary when you get such a wide range of opinions but if anyone has any insight I would appreciate it, and thanks to those who have tried to help w/ the information they have provided so far.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    u'll be fine.... just put your GTX SC prop in it and GTX SC wear ring

you can't run a RXP wear ring or prop with your driveshaft, that's the only difference

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    u'll be fine.... just put your GTX SC prop in it and GTX SC wear ring

you can't run a RXP wear ring or prop with your driveshaft, that's the only difference
    I have a 03 and put a 04 pump in it. No problem at all just do what Shibby said and you will be fine.

get the rxt drive shaft with the rxp pump thats what i used on my mod 03 gtx with a 14/19 prop the rxt drive shaft fits right in

The RXP/RXT pumps/impellers are 159mm vs 155mm for the '03-'04 4TEC models (SC or not). They switched to larger diameters to match the the RXP/RXT pump in '05. This is all data based upon the impeller sizing. The shaft is different also. The pump itself may line up bolt holes but there are differences. JTEES has his '03 SC highly modded by Underwood to accept the RXP/RXT pump which included driveshaft work and some other items. You need more power to push the bigger pump too or dropping the pitch to match you power.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjammer View Post
    The RXP/RXT pumps/impellers are 159mm vs 155mm for the '03-'04 4TEC models (SC or not). They switched to larger diameters to match the the RXP/RXT pump in '05. This is all data based upon the impeller sizing. The shaft is different also. The pump itself may line up bolt holes but there are differences. JTEES has his '03 SC highly modded by Underwood to accept the RXP/RXT pump which included driveshaft work and some other items. You need more power to push the bigger pump too or dropping the pitch to match you power.
    My GTX wasn't highly modded. I didn't have the aluminum pump but i had the driveshaft, prop, and wear ring which were drop in and go. Of course the 14/17 i installed needed a little tweaking but other than that it was fine.

I know he had to do a lot of work on the impeller. I don't remember what pitch he started with either though. He was at the leading edge of the mods when he was doing it.

+1
    The wear ring is thicker on the gtx

Quote Originally Posted by mjammer View Post
    ok did some looking at this, the gtx pump shoe & the rxt pump shoe do have different part #'s do 2 different water routeing from the shoe now we measure a rxt pump shoe & it measure a 155mm & measure a 06 gti pump shoe it measure a 157mm, now i didn' feel like taking off my rxp pump 2 measure the 03 gtx pump shoe but i don't think its any smaller than a 155mm, the rxp pump fit in the gtx & looks the same as my rxp
    mark u could have open up the 03 gtx pump shoe 2 match the rxp pump better but u dont need 2 do this if u did then every rxp would need to b open up then, a buddy of mine open up his rxp pump 2 better match his pump but thats a race ski & i'm not looking 4 every inch of performance u can get, the rxt & the gtx prop's r different size but the wear ring makes up the difference a gtx wear ring does fit in the rxp pump but its not tight as fit as the the rxp wear ring in the rxp pump
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 03-16-2007 at 12:41 PM.

+1
    you say the gtx wear ring fits in a RXP pump, but its more loose???
    i thought the pumps are all identical. GTX SC, GTX SC Limeted, RXP, RXT.
    only the internal diameter of the wear rings is different
    GTX SC 185hp 55mm
    GTX SC Limeted, RXP/RXT 215hp 159mm
    and thus the impellers are different too.
    can anyone clarify?
    only the 2003 GTX SC has the plastic pump, that has different parts.
    even though its still 155mm wear ring, and ANY of the newer pumps will fit, with the smaller 155mm ID wear ring and smaller (stock) impeller.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information