Need some help with my intercooler SHO 08

Well yesterday started off just as any, got to the jet ski rental and warmed the skis, got the oil checked, made sure they were clean inside and out and then...i got a bug up my ass...I started to take everything apart and remove all the bolts for a ribbon delete, and i see my intercooler caps are bulged out and not sitting flush at all to the top of the cooler at all...Got it removed and I start taking apart the intercooler and find that there are massive leaks on both caps and one of the o rings is halfway inside the core... All the Bolts are so rusted it needed to have notches ground into them so i could put a screw driver and get them off. Vise grips worked on about half of them. I was able to clean the core, and also the surface area of the cooler. But the top plastic cap is still a little warped. I put the ski together while the cap lay a lot more flush, I take the ski for a ride today and it is notably faster throughout the RPM but still never makes it past 63 mph..im not sure if the leaky cap might be the culprit on this, but i would really like to get my speed back from her. I plan on replacing the intake, exhaust and re pitching the prop in the near future.

All in all, im looking for the top water cooler plastic cap that goes on the OEM intercooler and would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out. Im sure there are plenty of people that upgraded their stock parts and have them laying around. Please let me know if you have them. Or if you have any suggestions on what might be wrong. Thanks
    Last edited by kwtony; 09-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.

+1
    i'm sure someone will have the pieces you need or a whole good intercooler, as many of us take them off to upgrade to bigger units, the intercooler on my donor ski was the same way, was never flushed properly

Truth be told it was the first supercharged ski I was ever responsible for. All the other skis 30+ were all NA, vx's and FX140s .Im really good at them, and can do a lot of repairs...I did a ton of automotive modifications with turbos when i was younger, but am learning a lot more with marine applications. I read about flushing the intercooler a month or two ago, and it made perfect sense, but never did it till now. You never know what you dont know...At one point in my mind, i assumed that Riva South did this while it was undergoing a ton of warranty work over the years its been alive(3-5k), but then i just laugh and kick myself for ever assuming anything like that.

The core inside was actually nice, but the ends and caps were where the trouble was at. If someone has an extra housing, i would def be interested in that as well, but for now the budget allows the cap. I would love to buy a new Fizzle but dont would rather spend any money on buying more skis. I could use about 2-4 more. Once i get those, then ill make her a 80mph ski. Till then, she does just fine where shes at.

+1
    where are you located ???? i have a stock intercooler i'll send you for the shipping, you can use what parts you need off it

5. +1 by:

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I actually bought the Orings when I rebuilt my stock cooler with a R&D core......B&B rubber here has them

Thread Information