Need help finding missing speed

Hi all,

I have a 2012 FZR with the following mods,

Riva cold Air
    Vented hull scoops, added additional air inlet
    R3 Re-flash
    VX ride plate with stock shims/bracket
    Tommy exhaust mod

Everything else is stock prop, intake grate etc.....although I'm a larger rider 275lb I'm only running 71 GPS 3/4 tank of gas
    Just ordered Tiny Tac haven't installed it yet, but if RPM via gauge is close I'm turning 7700 to 7900... I should be closer to 8500 i believe

I know I need to add R$D intake but isnt she a bit slow for these mods? Shouldn't I be closer to 75/76?
    I thought about throwing the RPM and trying to start playing with re-pitching the prop? Any other ideas where to start and/or look for

thanks

an rd grate should of been the first thing on your list for safety purposes.there is no point in making your ski faster when you can get hurt.

when doing the TJ mod did you remove the curtains trim the inside tube and the gasket at the exit of the stock exhaust ? tested different trim and rider positions to see what works best with your rider weight ? your speed seems normal keep in mind you are doing runs with alot of fuel it is hot and everyones speed/rpm is down.do your runs on low fuel only ditch the stock shims have jim modify your VX plate pitch your prop to 13/16 and install an intercooler 76-80mph easy even in summer heat

3. +1 by:

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjet View Post
    Hi all,

I have a 2012 FZR with the following mods,

Riva cold Air
    Vented hull scoops, added additional air inlet
    R3 Re-flash
    VX ride plate with stock shims/bracket
    Tommy exhaust mod

Everything else is stock prop, intake grate etc.....although I'm a larger rider 275lb I'm only running 71 GPS 3/4 tank of gas
    Just ordered Tiny Tac haven't installed it yet, but if RPM via gauge is close I'm turning 7700 to 7900... I should be closer to 8500 i believe

I know I need to add R$D intake but isnt she a bit slow for these mods? Shouldn't I be closer to 75/76?
    I thought about throwing the RPM and trying to start playing with re-pitching the prop? Any other ideas where to start and/or look for

thanks

My buddy has the same mods less the Ride plate and his R's are the same, the heat and humidity makes the air not that great and boost will go down and so will Rpm's I'd get a Intercooler and ditch the stock spacer plates on ride plate, and put 2 washers up front and 0 in rear and try that setup, should net you maybe 1mph

+1
    Do you still have the stock intake manifold ribbon? If so that's a huge hindrance.

6. +1 by:

ribbon was actually only worth half a mile for me

Your speed is decent for your mods. 275lbs and 3/4 tank of gas @ 71mph is good.

Get the grate and shim the plate..

+1
    Thanks for all the tips, and i did forget 2 mods which were the Tidal BOV and the Ribbon delete...What or which inter cooler are most buying?
    My plan was since Jerry recently gave a pretty good review of the 20014 FZR my plan was to buy the ride plate, 160mm pump stator, prop,transom and intake grate....Plus injectors...I do mind throwing a few dollars at it but I don't want to give up reliability...By the way I just ordered a boost gauge how much boost should I be seeing ?

Thanks

a 160mm setup is just going to make you even slower.you wont find the need for that kind of prop until you are well over 80mph.throwing a few dollars on random parts isnt going to give you the results you are searching for.my suggestion is to read as much as you can and modify the ski one change at a time and you will get results.

Thread Information