+1

2012 Rxt x stock (2013) intercooler

I have the 2013 intercooler in the ski. Looking to upgrade my intercooler but don't know if there is any point. What intercooler should I go for if I do? What will I see different from stock intercooler? my mods are in my sig

+1
    I think with that big charger u def want the riva cooler

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndskyz View Post
    I have the 2013 intercooler in the ski. Looking to upgrade my intercooler but don't know if there is any point. What intercooler should I go for if I do? What will I see different from stock intercooler? my mods are in my sig
    Nice speed according to your sig. Our set ups are very similar as is our top end speeds. Do you have any PRV's installed? Have you experienced any bucking issues? The GenIII has worked well for me. There are other good choices as well.

+1
    I would take a good look at the Fizzle HE IC also.

Nice performance!

+1
    Will I see any change in speed or rpm?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    Nice speed according to your sig. Our set ups are very similar as is our top end speeds. Do you have any PRV's installed? Have you experienced any bucking issues? The GenIII has worked well for me. There are other good choices as well.
    No prv some times at about 83/84mph it starts to bounce bad, I have to back off then get back on the gas. Is that bucking

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I would take a good look at the Fizzle HE IC also.

Nice performance!
    Is it as good as a genIII.

+1
    No prv some times at about 83/84mph it starts to bounce bad, I have to back off then get back on the gas. Is that bucking
    Bucking is when the ass end of the ski jumps straight up out of the water at top speed. The root cause is the volume of water entering the tunnel which is greater than the prop can process. Pressure builds in the tunnel area and when it gets high enough (50+lbs) on S3 hull, it lifts the ski allowing the pressure to escape. There are other things that contribute to the stuff such as ride plate angle, prop pitch, intake grate type, etc... Mine stuffs at about 84-85+ so I had 3 PRV's installed which has solved the problem. Since your ski was similar in Mods and speed I was just curious. There are others than run these speeds with no stuff but I would guess your near the threshold. You'll know when she stuffs, you will think you ran over a log.

+1
    Bucking is when the ass end of the ski jumps straight up out of the water at top speed. The root cause is the volume of water entering the tunnel which is greater than the prop can process. Pressure builds in the tunnel area and when it gets high enough (50+lbs) on S3 hull, it lifts the ski allowing the pressure to escape. There are other things that contribute to the stuff such as ride plate angle, prop pitch, intake grate type, etc... Mine stuffs at about 84-85+ so I had 3 PRV's installed which has solved the problem. Since your ski was similar in Mods and speed I was just curious. There are others than run these speeds with no stuff but I would guess your near the threshold. You'll know when she stuffs, you will think you ran over a log.
    If it's like running over a log I would say my ski has not bucked

the stock intercooler blows nuts. Get a gen3.

Thread Information