+1

Rd3 Greenhulk.net Hydro Drag US Nationals. Tavares, FL. October 19-20

Rd3 Greenhulk.net Hydro Drag US Nationals. Tavares, FL. October 19-20

Entry form.
    2013 GreenHulk.net US HydroDrag Nationals Entry Form.doc

Rules.
    http://www.ijsba.com/pdfs/rulebook/2..._CompGuide.pdf

BEEEEE THEEEEERRRRRE!!!!!

Posted in the Hydrodrag group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/4728...group_activity

The official vote is that we will let new racers in the World Finals event and the 3rd National Tour event will be double points for the top four in each class, however, you must have raced in 2 of the 3 to be eligible for a US National Championship.
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 09-24-2013 at 06:05 PM.

+1
    WOW... Nothing? Really? 43 days to go...
    For all of those thinking to go but arent sure because it is your weekend ski that you just race friends with, go! You wont regret it, I promise. The first time I raced was I think back in 2008 back in the C-56 canal? Luckily about 20 guys were hounding me from the races the night before and told me to get my ass down there. I did and was so glad I did. I went with my RXT and back then because I had a Rude SC I had to race in Unlimited but what a blast! Ever since I was hooked.

Why are folks' holding back from going to race? For those of us that have raced we can certainly help you with any questions you may have.

+1
    Gus I tried to answer that question most are not wanting to put there 75-79 max ski's against 85-90 mph ski's to get walloped. That's what the guy's up here have told me why they have not tried. Not all folks will just jump in like You got to give them the open arms treatment

+1
    That should not be a reason you have been to the drags its not about top speed its about how your ski is set up and how you can get off the launch pad, if all you look at is top speed then you have not been watching. The ski does not have to go 90 to have a chance it just needs to get to what ever the speed quickly and have a good reaction off the pad just like any other type of drag racing, its very hard to win the drags in any class but you have zero chance if you dont show up,

just give it a try and do not worry about top speed you will have fun and win a few races look at Andy in stock class this was his first race in a class that has always been won by a Seadoo he came out raced on Rons stock class ski he lost one race and kept trying to learn and get better with each race and he ended up winning that class I can tell you Andy cant wait till the next race he is hooked

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Gus I tried to answer that question most are not wanting to put there 75-79 max ski's against 85-90 mph ski's to get walloped. That's what the guy's up here have told me why they have not tried. Not all folks will just jump in like You got to give them the open arms treatment
    Gotcha and I completely agree that there may be a disadvantage to SeaDoo skis, I used to have one so I know where you are coming from. Folks are listening, I just think they are stating the current conditions. However, it is in the setup and you learn what needs to be done for next time to be better. Dont get discouraged. I raced my ski last november and I just got it, did well, and had fun! If more folks join in then there will be many more of the same competition making it more fun. Maybe they will change the rules next year to accommodate bigger chargers for SeaDoo and maybe have a beginner classes for 2 - 3 races similar to closed course to get folks to participate and catch the bug. This was the first year with multiple races and world finals so they are trying to grow the sport. I am sure changes will continue to be made along the way as they have so far.

6. +1 by:

+1
    The only way your gonna grow this sport is having a least one event outside of Fl/Ga area giving opportunities to racers who simply can't travel or commit such a far distance...Colonial Beach VA would be perfect as it would draw Northeast ,Midwest maybe even Canada racers...

I understand most fast skis and ski ownership in general are in Fla but if this sport is gonna grow....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    That should not be a reason you have been to the drags its not about top speed its about how your ski is set up and how you can get off the launch pad, if all you look at is top speed then you have not been watching. The ski does not have to go 90 to have a chance it just needs to get to what ever the speed quickly and have a good reaction off the pad just like any other type of drag racing, its very hard to win the drags in any class but you have zero chance if you dont show up,

just give it a try and do not worry about top speed you will have fun and win a few races look at Andy in stock class this was his first race in a class that has always been won by a Seadoo he came out raced on Rons stock class ski he lost one race and kept trying to learn and get better with each race and he ended up winning that class I can tell you Andy cant wait till the next race he is hooked
    Well said. I know some guys I know that are running 90 and ask why they dont race and they say they have no holeshot... The ski has to be setup for the drag races. Race, tweak, race, tweak. Each time the ski gets better and the person does better coming off the launch pad. Come out and participate, you wont be disappointed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    The only way your gonna grow this sport is having a least one event outside of Fl/Ga area giving opportunities to racers who simply can't travel or commit such a far distance...Colonial Beach VA would be perfect as it would draw Northeast ,Midwest maybe even Canada racers...

I understand most fast skis and ski ownership in general are in Fla but if this sport is gonna grow....
    Definitely. Seems like there would need to be four region races, maybe SW, NW, NE, and SE regions. Seems like there is good interest and many folks come down from Ohio and New York area. I believe they did try in GA and it was a total flop.

Banned User
    +1
    I'd try it for sure just for fun if there was one in ohio, I'm sure rage fab would try it and a bunch of the Michigan,ky, pa, Indiana fellas

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    They had a BoxStock class for a few races. No mods allowed, so ski could only do 68-69mph max. Perfect starter class, right? Guess what only a few skis showed up to race. I guess you could put a GPS in those skis, and if you go over 70 you are DQ.

You just have to build a ski to the rules. If you only want to go 75-79mph go ProStock.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information