Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

X intercooler In GPRXP

Does Anyone use a X intercooler in there Conversion ,This thing Is Huge , and the Connections are at Such a angle,Im just wonderingwere and what you used to mount it , I had a bracket set up for the 2 threadedHoles in hull bottom and the insert's came rite out when I tightened them Down. Does anyone Have Pics they can post ?

Banned User
    +1
    I installed an X IC back in 09 into Hallpass's ski....I notched the lower hull area to clear the pipe, used the OEM mounting bracket from an X boat. I put 8 nut-serts behind it to hold it up.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1773.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	312775ok heres is pick I cut the original bracket up and fabbed up something to hold it .Dosnt look that great but Its FREE.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1770.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	312774

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I installed an X IC back in 09 into Hallpass's ski....I notched the lower hull area to clear the pipe, used the OEM mounting bracket from an X boat. I put 8 nut-serts behind it to hold it up.
    Id like to see a pic of that , how do you repair the bolt threads In hull when they pop out ? also what size aluminum pipe is everyone using 2 7/8 ?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gp1200rider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Id like to see a pic of that , how do you repair the bolt threads In hull when they pop out ? also what size aluminum pipe is everyone using 2 7/8 ?
    Post #47... http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=82726&page=5 Actually, I used 8 nutserts on another project...MY BAD... It was for the same setup, held for years for the guy... For this build I used 2 plates of aluminum that I inserted into a center hole I cut...I drilled a center hole that I could fit my hand inside...Made 2 chunks of 1/ aluminum, popped a hole and tapped it, then mounted them inside the hole...Popped a few holes, removed the plates, then drilled and tapped those holes....Reinstalled, then mount the bracket...DONE. 2.5" hose on all...

+1
    WOW ok Looks like you went too alot more trouble (labor) then me so I feel good Now , I just picked up pipes 2.5 il fab them up tommorow and post pic , I just used rivets in side and brang it off enough to clear everything and have the vent at highest point.
    anyhelp is good help I guess the X intercooler is not popular do to the angle on the pipes coming off etc

+1
    Im puting a cooler from a X in my conversion and i was thinking of laying it flat so as the air bleed is at the highest point . im not sure as to putting on its side would work . but im no expert . just my 2cents .

+1
    I have Mine Mounted already Just tried it out , the air bleeder is at the highest point and I have it connected to 2 pissers out the back , I purchased it on here used . I would air pressure check it . I did 35 lbs on the water side .

I have a problem with motor previously I thought I fixed with new plugs . I have a mis under load , changed coil packs on water ended up not running at all and when I cranked it , it sounded like I lost compression on 2 cylinders very weird . Had to get towed wtf , I get it home and change plugs fires right up but has miss, I have to trouble shoot it more

+1
    do you have the water in/out facing up or down ? sounds like they are up , so does the water stay in the cooler or does it drain out ? the reason i laid it flat was so that it would drain out .

+1
    Yes there pointed up only about 1/2 drains out it leans back , but I flush it after I use it anyway I dont see why It would matter Im Raw Water cooled anyway , the pissers do work you can see the air coming out then its all water after that .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information