gopro mount question.

Does anyone use the suction cup mount? Don't really wanna stick the adhesive mounts to my hull. I do a lot of wave jumping so I am not 100% sure I wanna trust the suction cup mount unless it is a for sure mount

+1
    Hey good luck ... I used the helmet secure lock ... well lets say not secure ! I did a peter pan off my ski .. loss camera. Now for the great news after an hour it floated right up to the shore line ... and I got it back not one drop of water in the case. Wow, was I lucky to get it back.

+1
    I have not used the suction cup mount but if you do mount it make sure to have a zip tie or 2 that is tethered to it. A flotation device is worth the money too. It will come off, Mine came off my helmet at the buckle. Crazy!

i passed right over the suction cup option, had the 3m sticky for 2 years on my xp with no issues at all.

when I got my new ski I went with the RAM mount and i'm VERY happy with that option.

+1
    I have a contour and use the suction cup mount and have a small lanyard in case it fails... has not yet thankfully

+1
    I have the floaty back for the camera. So if or when it comes off it will at least float.

Banned User
    +1
    I use the adhesive mounts and they are rock solid. I would never trust a suction cup for anything. Get the floaty on the camera case and with the adhesive mounts you should never have an issue. The floaty will not float the camera with the suction cup mount.

+1
    Sorry did not mean to imply that the suction cup mount would float with the floaty back.

Banned User
    +1
    I have used the suction cup mount on numerous boats/ski's and shoots. Always, use a tether(old shoe lace works fine), tied to someplace on the boat, in the event that the suction cup comes off. I've only had that happen once, and the camera was mounted on the nose of a ski, and the ski hit a buoy, knocking the camera/mount into the water. But, I had 2 floats on it, and the rider went back and picked it up.

The mount is fine to use-just make sure the surface and the rubber are clean, and make sure it's stuck on there good, by pulling on it.

Thread Information