If your tachometer doesn't work read this!!

So after a lot of reading and Google searches on what could be wrong with my tachs , I found almost @ a replacement cost of almost $800- for both I figured I had nothing to lose by trying to fix them.
    , so this is what I did....

1-Check your gauge fuse first(all my gauges except for both tachs were working and fuses were fine)

2-Verify you have power to the TACHS w/a test light... if so move to step 3.

3-Remove the tach and begin the careful process of removing the bezel...I had to keep prying all the way around it several will come off just take your time!!

4- Once the bezel is off you'll see the tach needle.... this is where the problem is....its stuck and you'll need to keep moving it until it moves freely. I also added a small amount of WD40 to the needle shaft for the future.

5- Carefully re-install the bezel and Rtv the edge...I have not sealed this yet but will definitely do this.

6- Re-install and repeat for tach 2.

7- Go and enjoy summer is too short!!!

I hope this helps as I'm the type who likes and needs all my gauges working properly. Good Luck!

Greenwood Lake, NY
    My tachs are working fine for now but that's good to know if I experience the stuck tach issues.

I should probably add that I have a Speedster 200.....but kinda ironic that my 03' Speedster's tach was stuck also....I was able to get a little rough with it and bang the case of the tach on that one to free it.

Thread Information