Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

RXP-X 260 RS Trim Tabs

I was thinking of changing the trim tabs in my ski and i am between the RIVA ones (not the adjustable) and the RD. Has anyone tried any of these? Any opinios???

+1
    You will have to shim the riva ones down or your ski will hop at high speed. Now that mine are shimmed I love em. Gained 1.2 mph

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    You will have to shim the riva ones down or your ski will hop at high speed. Now that mine are shimmed I love em. Gained 1.2 mph
    Thanks for the reply! You have the ones that are adjustable or not? What do you mean by shimming???

+1
    shim = change the angle

+1
    I have the fixed ones. They have much less angle in them then the stock ones. In order to shim them you have to drill the bolt holes out larger so they are able to tilt more. Then on the rear single bolt put a washer in between the hull and the tab. The thick pump bolt washer worked perfect for me and was thick enough to just about split the difference in the tab angle between stock and riva. Now the ski will hop at full trim over 70 but just one notch down from the top it does not hop. Also the stock plastic tabs caused a pull to the right that is now gone with the riva tabs

+1
    I have the fixed ones. They have much less angle in them then the stock ones. In order to shim them you have to drill the bolt holes out larger so they are able to tilt more. Then on the rear single bolt put a washer in between the hull and the tab. The thick pump bolt washer worked perfect for me and was thick enough to just about split the difference in the tab angle between stock and riva. Now the ski will hop at full trim over 70 but just one notch down from the top it does not hop. Also the stock plastic tabs caused a pull to the right that is now gone with the riva tabs
    Awesome info thx! I felt like I was riding a rabbit at 75mph. I'm going to give that washer a try

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Awesome info thx! I felt like I was riding a rabbit at 75mph. I'm going to give that washer a try
    You have to drill the tab holes or they won't tilt correctly. I went the size below 1/2 I think it was 31/64 and the pump washer is just right

+1
    You have to drill the tab holes or they won't tilt correctly. I went the size below 1/2 I think it was 31/64 and the pump washer is just right
    Cool thx! I had to drill the holes out on the port side tab to make it fit flush originally. I asked Riva about possibly shimming them to get rid of the bounce and they talked me out of it, I'm going to try it.

+1
    E
    Cool thx! I had to drill the holes out on the port side tab to make it fit flush originally. I asked Riva about possibly shimming them to get rid of the bounce and they talked me out of it, I'm going to try it.
    Last edited by seadoo02xp; 09-10-2013 at 10:55 AM.

+1

I asked them if I could return them because they suck and they told me to get lost.
    In retrospect I wished I would've just bought the adjustable ones. These are more for the guys racing that need to stay in the rules...I think.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information