Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Anybody have a stock steering nozzle

I want to try a stock steering nozzle. I have no idea where mine is at. Thanks.

+1
    Possible, I will look. Do you need the trim ring too?

+1
    I think the trim ring I have now is the original one, if so it should work for both steering nozzles. Thanks.

+1
    I have a couple the steering nozzles are the same for the GP GPR and even my SUV I have aftermarket nozzles on all of them so I have three spares in the garage. let me know. also the welding project is delayed until I get back to the welder hopefully this week I have been so busy I don't think I will ever see the light of day again.

+1
    I have 4 or 5 of em for a GPR but the part numbers show to be different from the GP. If they are the same I can hook you up too.

+1
    Thanks for the replies guys, Bill, if you don't mind send one for the GP. If I do not gain any speed (I don't think I will), I will send it back to you. Do you still have my address I sent in one of my emails?

Me and Bruce (WetWolf) have determined my ski is not going to gain any speed from the AAT cone. I have used all the different shuttle lengths and bolt lengths, and could not gain speed. Bruce is great to deal with and is very professional, and has offered me a refund. So now I am going to see if I can gain anything with the stock steering nozzle. I have heard some ski's are faster with them versus the extended nozzles.

The only thing I have left is testing different shims on the ride plate, and of course Bill, our little brainstorm.

SLEEPER , did you get a difference on your holeshot?? I' d also wait sending that aat back... you are now experimenting with steering nozzles ,and not with bowl's???... Imt, your steering nozzel wont really change anything other than how the ski responds to helm input and its the bowl's you are needing to experiment with..

+1
    I have experimented with every shuttle length & bolt length in the AAT kit, and even Bruce is convenced the AAT cone is not going to work on my GP. I never lost RPM's with the longer shuttles, none of them had any effect, positive or negative. For whatever reason, it just is not going to help my GP. As for the holeshot, I can't really say for sure if it helped or not, my ski has always been very strong out of the hole. I wish there was a reason to keep the AAT cone, but I have tried every tunning variable available for the AAT and did not see a gain. When you say bowl, are you referring to the exit nozzle? I do not know of any smaller or larger nozzles that will bolt up to the GP, especially with a 5 degree angle.

This weekend I plan on locating and fixing my hull leak/leaks, and putting my other R&D plate on with the speedo cutout filled in, and trying some different shims under the plate.

+1
    Also, about the steering nozzle......

The steering nozzle is just a desperate measure in trying to find some more speed. I don't see how it will help, but I have heard on some ski's it can help. My ski runs the fastest with the trim all the way up. And the way I see it with an extended nozzle, you are actually getting more leverage out of your trim system, which should help top end when the ski runs best with the trim up. I am willing to try anything at this point. I am never satisfied. I have gained over 3 mph since I installed the Sleeper Kit motor, just from sealing the gap between the pump shoe and hull, filling bolt holes, and some dremel tool work. After this summer I am through with the GP tweaking, it is time to move on to a GPR. My GP will not be advertised as being for sell, but I am taking bids. I will most likely have to sell my Raptor and my wifes ATV, to afford another ski. But hey, I sure have a nice house!!!, just can't save a dime.
    Last edited by 97GPSLEEPER; 03-14-2007 at 12:21 PM.

....................................1100.......sto ck............grate.....................

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information