Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1997 seadoo gtx just purchased. Question newbie

Hello, I just purchased a 1997 GTX Seadoo with the 787. Runs great! I looked in the owner's manual and it says that water should be coming out the front two hull eyelets. I looked at it while it was running sitting at the dock in neutral and no water is coming out. There is one eyelet in the rear just below the seat and that has water flowing out. I ran it today and yesterday for over an hour straight and everything seems fine. Is something not right? If something is wrong how do I check it? Thanks for any info!

+1
    The Seadoo parts diagram only shows on overboard cooling hose, and that is the one on the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by thetolleyman View Post
    The Seadoo parts diagram only shows on overboard cooling hose, and that is the one on the rear.

Then what are the two eyelets on the front right side below the bumper for?

+1
    If my memory is correct one is fuel tank vent and one is battery vent.

+1
    Just trace it back and see if it runs to the exhaust pipe being a cooling line. Also can take a zip tie and see if its obstructed.

Quote Originally Posted by leejax01 View Post
    Just trace it back and see if it runs to the exhaust pipe being a cooling line. Also can take a zip tie and see if its obstructed.

Thanks. So as long as I have water coming out the back eyelet I am ok? Also, are they supposed to be a little noisey in the rear? Kinda like a clunking but not when at idle?

Yes it looks like vents. Thanks! Now how about the noise in the rear? I have no clue how or what it should sound like when at idle. At speed it is quiet. At idle the rear seems a little loud like a little vibration? Is this the way it is supposed to be? The ski does 53 mph with me and my wife on it. Idles at around 1100-1300 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by CENA View Post
    Yes it looks like vents. Thanks! Now how about the noise in the rear? I have no clue how or what it should sound like when at idle. At speed it is quiet. At idle the rear seems a little loud like a little vibration? Is this the way it is supposed to be? The ski does 53 mph with me and my wife on it. Idles at around 1100-1300 rpm.

Anybody please?

+1
    Out of the water, the Seadoo pump is a bit loud, louder than most. If you are talking about at idle in the water, then not so much. Should be pretty quiet when in water.

Quote Originally Posted by thetolleyman View Post
    Out of the water, the Seadoo pump is a bit loud, louder than most. If you are talking about at idle in the water, then not so much. Should be pretty quiet when in water.
    I know before I bought it the guy said he replaced the impeller, wear ring and fuel lines. Also, added a fuel filter by the gas shut off vavle. 107 hours on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information