Thread: VX110

+1

VX110

Hi been offered an 09 VX110 with low hours on, any feedback on these skis would be appreciated. It's a second ski for the wife any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

low hours doesnt always mean low hours. Where is the ski located ??and is it the delux or standard version. Deluxes are typically for private riders, non is mainly for the rental market. So there is always an inherent risk with buying used, unless you really know or trust the source.

Check the hose clamps, check the amount of mold and grease built up over the fuel tank, check the compression and also check the steering bushings(rocking the handles forward and back to check for play) check the oil filter(to see how badly its rusted on there..ie possible neglect) and also check the bottom for scratches, particularly around the intake grate, also check to see if the sho pump had ever been replaced and also if it has been a salt or freshwater ski. This makes a difference on the ECU and harness longevity. Check the Air filter, and see when/if it has been replaced, check the clamps around the exhaust and also the motor mounts, by pulling up on the throttle body, the exhaust bend where it goes in front of the block, and also try to lift/rock on the oil tank in the back to see if you get any play. Obviously take it for a test drive that lasts long enough to get the engine good and hot. Ride with the seat off for the first part and try to listen for any obvious issues or look for leaks.

Good luck, im sure i left out about a dozen things to check, but you should be good with that for now.

+1
    I always wondered how scammers can fake the actual hours. Are they logged in the ECU and the dash? Could you possibly have a dealer check to confirm they match, before buying an older ski with "low hours"?

+1
    Ok thanks it's a deluxe model getting it from a dealer he said he going to go right through it first so hopefully be ok. Will still do those checks myself so thank you for your time and input much appreciated.

I think it has to do with marrying the ecu and the guage cluster. I dont really know. Someone explained it here once

Thread Information