Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

thinking about upgrading to a 4tec...need some advise.

Like the title says, I am thinking about selling my RX upgrading to a RXP or RXP-X in the next month or so. I am pretty good with the 2stroke Doo's, but my knowledge on the 4tecs is rudimentary at best. I have done the basic research and know about the most common problems (cermanic washers, valves on 04's) but still would like some help.

I know I want a two seater, so a RXP or X (I love the color scheme of the X models especially the 2010/11). Eventually I am sure I will want to mod it to go faster but first things first. So I guess I need advise on which model years to look for and which model is easier to work with. what way would you guys go if you where you where me?

+1
    any 08 or newer will work best....good valves
    if your going to mod it you can save more money and get a 215hp
    they also don't buck as soon as a X
    the rxp and rxpx hull has a big removable seat extension to make working on it a lot easier than the rxt hull

+1
    If you can swing it, get a 2012-13 RXPX. Nassau PowerSports had some deals on 13 Rxpx. Not sure if they have any left.

+1
    not sure how I feel about the 12-13's. seems like they are harder to mod. and they are a bit out of the budget. not looking to spend more than 8-9k.

so you guys think the 215's are easier to make faster? I wont be looking for anything insane, I'd be happy with a high 70's ski. still want to maintain a descent amount of reliability.

I already spend too much time fixing my 951 x4

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    not sure how I feel about the 12-13's. seems like they are harder to mod. and they are a bit out of the budget. not looking to spend more than 8-9k.

so you guys think the 215's are easier to make faster? I wont be looking for anything insane, I'd be happy with a high 70's ski. still want to maintain a descent amount of reliability.
    not any harder than any other ski.... high 70's on any ski is going to be expensive. Do some searching on VTech, Motec, Athena and you'll read allot of what is capable depending on budget. The 12/13's just handle so awesome. If mostly what you want is straight line speed...save your money. If you want a great all around package get the 12/13. I think you could probably pick one up used for around 10k if you watch for one. You won't be sorry. Vtech tune and a prop and your at 71ish in the heat and 73-74 in the cool weather.

+1
    yeah I'm going to take it one step at a time. First is to actually get a ski.lol thanks for the good advice. I just cant decide to get a 215 and save some $ for mods or to get an newer X.

Banned User
    +1
    i paid 4500 for an immaculate 04 rxp with trailer thats 77 gps. dont look at yrs but a clean well maintained stock or already modified ski. dont get caught up into the hype like i did.

if i were to buy another ski it would be another modded ski from someone on here. let someone else take the hit

+1
    good deal. I would have jumped all over that.

Is there really that big of a difference between the 215's and the X's? I have riden a 215 before but never an X. I would like the extra 40hp but is there a big performance difference between them?

Banned User
    +1
    My ski stock is a 215 and would whoop on new 260's for half the total cost of what I actually have into it now

There's a ton of great deals early spring late fall. Be patient grasshopper
    I bought my ski in Michigan in middle of winter, no test what so ever

Be patient the deals are on here

40 hp is 40 hp. What's your ultimate goal
    Unfortunately most of the guys on here will try to get you to think the more money you spend the better and faster. Very false

+1
    I gotcha. I'm seeing a few 04's are popping up for decent prices as well as a few X's for a couple more G's. just didn't know what was the better way to go.

newer+more HP+less issues=more$$ or older+less HP=less $=more go fast money

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information