Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69

    For the guys running Open Loop????

    I'm getting ready to do an open loop setup on my ski and I was wondering, What you guys are running as a restrictor??? Right now I have a yellow washer drill 1mm larger than stock, the ski is an 06 P with 08+ waterbox setup! Also how you guys flush it?

    Thanks
    Andy


  2. #2
    RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,244
    +1
    104
    For flushing you can put a Y fitting into the water in line to the IC. And run a hose off it and fit the hose with a fitting that closes off when disconnected from the hose your using to flush with. Like a factory yammy set up off sorts.

  3. #3
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    For flushing you can put a Y fitting into the water in line to the IC. And run a hose off it and fit the hose with a fitting that closes off when disconnected from the hose your using to flush with. Like a factory yammy set up off sorts.
    Do you know where can I get that fitting?? Thanks

  4. #4
    AtoMIC_OraNGE greenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Barrie / BuckHORN Ontario
    Posts
    2,509
    +1
    234
    I run riva open loop ... best thing I can tell you is to replace the thermostat with a fail safe one and use a ball valve just before the water "in" to the block. I run a green washer restricter drilled out to a 11 mm but im also running a et water cooler with my charger and the fizzy HE IC

  5. #5
    JPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Down under
    Posts
    934
    +1
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    I run riva open loop ... best thing I can tell you is to replace the thermostat with a fail safe one and use a ball valve just before the water "in" to the block. I run a green washer restricter drilled out to a 11 mm but im also running a et water cooler with my charger and the fizzy HE IC
    whats wrong with there thermos ? and what did you replace it with ?

  6. #6
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    I run riva open loop ... best thing I can tell you is to replace the thermostat with a fail safe one and use a ball valve just before the water "in" to the block. I run a green washer restricter drilled out to a 11 mm but im also running a et water cooler with my charger and the fizzy HE IC
    What is the reason behind the ball valve before the block? I wonder if the fizzle thermo is the same as the riva?

  7. #7
    AtoMIC_OraNGE greenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Barrie / BuckHORN Ontario
    Posts
    2,509
    +1
    234
    fizzle thermo is good too... no issues I ordered a fizzle thermo for back up ... you can replace the thermos with a mercruser marine 160F stat theres a right up somewhere about them. there fail safe. The ball valve can restrict the flow of water to the engine kind of like dialing in afrs.. I ride colder water up here in the fall so the engine wont get up to temps as fast. I used the ball valve to trouble shoot my thermostat issues but might keep it installed... the engine would run at 115F when the stat would getting stuck..

  8. #8
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    fizzle thermo is good too... no issues I ordered a fizzle thermo for back up ... you can replace the thermos with a mercruser marine 160F stat theres a right up somewhere about them. there fail safe. The ball valve can restrict the flow of water to the engine kind of like dialing in afrs.. I ride colder water up here in the fall so the engine wont get up to temps as fast. I used the ball valve to trouble shoot my thermostat issues but might keep it installed... the engine would run at 115F when the stat would getting stuck..
    wow thats cold!! Im in Florida i dont think ill have an isue with low temps!!

  9. #9
    AtoMIC_OraNGE greenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Barrie / BuckHORN Ontario
    Posts
    2,509
    +1
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    fizzle thermo is good too... no issues I ordered a fizzle thermo for back up ... you can replace the thermos with a mercruser marine 160F stat theres a right up somewhere about them. there fail safe. The ball valve can restrict the flow of water to the engine kind of like dialing in afrs.. I ride colder water up here in the fall so the engine wont get up to temps as fast. I used the ball valve to trouble shoot my thermostat issues but might keep it installed... the engine would run at 115F when the stat would getting stuck..
    wow thats cold!! Im in Florida i dont think ill have an isue with low temps!!
    nope youll be fine.. ill ride in 10 degree C in the fall ......

  10. #10
    Mothman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    2,997
    +1
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    fizzle thermo is good too... no issues I ordered a fizzle thermo for back up ... you can replace the thermos with a mercruser marine 160F stat theres a right up somewhere about them. there fail safe. The ball valve can restrict the flow of water to the engine kind of like dialing in afrs.. I ride colder water up here in the fall so the engine wont get up to temps as fast. I used the ball valve to trouble shoot my thermostat issues but might keep it installed... the engine would run at 115F when the stat would getting stuck..
    wow thats cold!! Im in Florida i dont think ill have an isue with low temps!!
    nope youll be fine.. ill ride in 10 degree C in the fall ......
    I bet it makes monster power at the temp. Wow.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. So what's the deal with open loop cooling?
    By hotbird in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 10-31-2013, 06:44 AM
  2. for the guys running the CP Carillo Pistons
    By C Doo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-18-2013, 07:20 PM
  3. Whats the best way to run open loop cooling
    By oenlegman in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 02:56 PM
  4. for the guys/girls who like to bbq
    By Hydrotherapy in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 08:38 PM
  5. For the guys that want a cheap 77+ MPH RXP
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •