Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

For the guys running Open Loop????

I'm getting ready to do an open loop setup on my ski and I was wondering, What you guys are running as a restrictor??? Right now I have a yellow washer drill 1mm larger than stock, the ski is an 06 P with 08+ waterbox setup! Also how you guys flush it?

Thanks
    Andy

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    For flushing you can put a Y fitting into the water in line to the IC. And run a hose off it and fit the hose with a fitting that closes off when disconnected from the hose your using to flush with. Like a factory yammy set up off sorts.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    For flushing you can put a Y fitting into the water in line to the IC. And run a hose off it and fit the hose with a fitting that closes off when disconnected from the hose your using to flush with. Like a factory yammy set up off sorts.
    Do you know where can I get that fitting?? Thanks

+1
    I run riva open loop ... best thing I can tell you is to replace the thermostat with a fail safe one and use a ball valve just before the water "in" to the block. I run a green washer restricter drilled out to a 11 mm but im also running a et water cooler with my charger and the fizzy HE IC

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    I run riva open loop ... best thing I can tell you is to replace the thermostat with a fail safe one and use a ball valve just before the water "in" to the block. I run a green washer restricter drilled out to a 11 mm but im also running a et water cooler with my charger and the fizzy HE IC
    whats wrong with there thermos ? and what did you replace it with ?

+1
    What is the reason behind the ball valve before the block? I wonder if the fizzle thermo is the same as the riva?

+1
    fizzle thermo is good too... no issues I ordered a fizzle thermo for back up ... you can replace the thermos with a mercruser marine 160F stat theres a right up somewhere about them. there fail safe. The ball valve can restrict the flow of water to the engine kind of like dialing in afrs.. I ride colder water up here in the fall so the engine wont get up to temps as fast. I used the ball valve to trouble shoot my thermostat issues but might keep it installed... the engine would run at 115F when the stat would getting stuck..

+1
    fizzle thermo is good too... no issues I ordered a fizzle thermo for back up ... you can replace the thermos with a mercruser marine 160F stat theres a right up somewhere about them. there fail safe. The ball valve can restrict the flow of water to the engine kind of like dialing in afrs.. I ride colder water up here in the fall so the engine wont get up to temps as fast. I used the ball valve to trouble shoot my thermostat issues but might keep it installed... the engine would run at 115F when the stat would getting stuck..
    wow thats cold!! Im in Florida i dont think ill have an isue with low temps!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    nope youll be fine.. ill ride in 10 degree C in the fall ......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    nope youll be fine.. ill ride in 10 degree C in the fall ......
    I bet it makes monster power at the temp. Wow.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information