How to check for gas in oil?

Just curious, I want to check for gas in the oil, to see if I had to chage it.
    Some people told me is normal to have minimum amounts.
    Thanks
    Hec

+1
    I wish you would hurry up and figure this out

I may take mine in for a leak down test and if I dont find anything I give up and will just ride I did put a extra can on my catch can to hold any excess as I dont want to empty it every few hours

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    I wish you would hurry up and figure this out

I may take mine in for a leak down test and if I dont find anything I give up and will just ride I did put a extra can on my catch can to hold any excess as I dont want to empty it every few hours
    Shrr, if you are going to take this to the dealer they may want to charge you a crap load of cash because of the time it takes. If you already have an air compressor I would invest that cash you would have spent at the stealership in a "Mac" leak down tester. I paid about $150 for mine and Snap On wanted $250. Then you have something to show for the test afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecyan View Post
    Thanks
    Hec
    Ever since I have had some sort of control over the fuel when I installed the B-kit with bigger injectors, there has been a smell gas in the oil. This was before the rebuild, after the rebuild, and now with EMS. I have also done plenty of leak down and compression tests and everthing is good to go. I would relate this to the tuning process when there were times when it is running way rich and then I would have to make adjustments again. So, yeah, I would think this is normal for a bit to be there.

+1
    Thanks for the info Red I think you are correct about some amount of fuel on higher boost ski`s as my ski is running richer than it did when it was stock 11.8 compaired to 12.5 at WOT what reading is your ski running at with the EMS system

I am going for the test tomorrow but I will ask for a estimate before I let him check it I talked to him today and hopfully he will be fair on the cost I think I am ok if there is not a problem I plan on just chaging the oil more often and I did add a extra tank on the catch can for those long rides

[quote=shhr;233823]what reading is your ski running at with the EMS system

I am still tuning but it is running in the high 11's to low 12's at low RPM, and mid 12's at mid RPM and high 12's and occasional blips in the 13's at WOT, not good, but an easy fix.....

I am going for the test tomorrow but I will ask for a estimate before I let him check it I talked to him today and hopfully he will be fair on the cost I think I am ok if there is not a problem I plan on just chaging the oil more often and I did add a extra tank on the catch can for those long rides

I'll bet you're OK too but it is always a nice feeling when that leak down comes back at 98% or better....I think my dealer quoted me around $200 the first time I wanted one. It took about 10 seconds for me to figure out that I needed to learn how to do it and buy my own stuff.

+1
    I would pay the 200 for peace of mind but I will be getting the tool for the future as this board will not let me stop modding

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hecyan View Post
    Thanks
    Hec
    Sorry, if you have fuel getting into crankcasethen this is not good. Only way is past the rings. If the injectors are pumping out too much at idle, for whatever reason, then you ned to figure out why. This excess fuel after turning of motor is washing the oil off the cylinder wall and piston rings, skirts. Just for some helpful info?,,,most engine wear occurs at initial start up and low operating temps. So inevitably you are eating the cylinder walls at each start up. Tell `em HOSS sent ya!

+1
    everything is ok with mine after some good info from you guys and the dealer I really think my oil was over filled I normally keep it 3/4 on the stick you guys and the dealer suggested keeping it below 1/2 it would be best to keep it around 1/4 so I will do a oil change and be on my way to 75

so you guys running B-kits or Rude where di you keep your oil level at

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    so you guys running B-kits or Rude where di you keep your oil level at
    Just 1/4 ways over the bend..

Thread Information