+1

Stator replacement - SLT 750

Decided on keeping my slt 750 as a second ski but now I have run into an issue. The electrical stator is dead. Does the 96 slx 780 stator interchange with the 750? SBT carries the slx 780 stator and id prefer to buy new vs ebay.

+1
    what yr slt ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    what yr slt ?

+1
    yes then the 780 one is the same

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    yes then the 780 one is the same
    Thanks lugs! Since im keeping this as a second ski, I decided to go through the fuel system...I did the carbs 4 seasons ago an they are a mess. All kinds of gross corrosion, an one of the little filter screens in the carbs is a mess too. No idea how since the filler neck and cap have been replaced with a yami style an billet cap and I have a SJ cap gasket, along with all new lines an inline fuel filters at the time, and I cleaned the tank out. So done with the shit tygon fuel lines as well. They get hard after maybe 3 seasons. Switching over to the rubber hoses west marine sells. Doing a leak down test while the engine is out aswell. Getting risers of the UMI steering system, and just orderd pro-tapers, new ODI grips, and a new throttle cable. Maybe new engine mounts.

+1
    Change all the lines including the tank lines if so equipped. Mine were a mess.curling up and the weighted screens were sitting on the bottom of the tank. Do beerdarts fuel routing system too. 21 ft of fuel line. And of course the triple outlet fuel pump. Its a fun ski to ride. I like the no sponson 360's!. Or spinning it around at 30 or so and riding backwards . That's fun. If you replace the tank lines. Add 2 more feet when ordering fuel line. Ie...23 feet.

Also.... don't get fuel line that's at the end of the roll.it curls up in the tank with the weights on. 1 more thing.....take the blue caps off the needles. They only allow a 1/4 turn adjustment. Set the carbs to factory specs then put the caps back on.

Pulse line under 12 inches!. Ditch that blue cover n snorkel and get some flame arrestors.I have seen lil blue pieces break off that blue cover sitting on the screen waiting to be injested!. If you add f/a s, richen up the carbs a little-(open highs). Then watch your wash on the pistons.

1 more thing....lol. if you replace the lines in the tank, make sure you measure the length of each one and replace each one at a time
    One is shorter than the other. The longer one is your reserve line. If you mix them up, you won't have a reserve. Ok I'm done....lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Change all the lines including the tank lines if so equipped. Mine were a mess.curling up and the weighted screens were sitting on the bottom of the tank. Do beerdarts fuel routing system too. 21 ft of fuel line. And of course the triple outlet fuel pump. Its a fun ski to ride. I like the no sponson 360's!. Or spinning it around at 30 or so and riding backwards . That's fun. If you replace the tank lines. Add 2 more feet when ordering fuel line. Ie...23 feet.

Also.... don't get fuel line that's at the end of the roll.it curls up in the tank with the weights on. 1 more thing.....take the blue caps off the needles. They only allow a 1/4 turn adjustment. Set the carbs to factory specs then put the caps back on.

Pulse line under 12 inches!. Ditch that blue cover n snorkel and get some flame arrestors.I have seen lil blue pieces break off that blue cover sitting on the screen waiting to be injested!. If you add f/a s, richen up the carbs a little-(open highs). Then watch your wash on the pistons.

1 more thing....lol. if you replace the lines in the tank, make sure you measure the length of each one and replace each one at a time
    One is shorter than the other. The longer one is your reserve line. If you mix them up, you won't have a reserve. Ok I'm done....lol
    Bowsniper,
    Thank you for the advice! But this will be the second time im rebuilding this ski so im pretty solid with it Leak down test failed..Getting new seals. Tried to remove the fly well an guess what the cheap puller also removed a thread from the hole for a puller bolt so now im just going to bring it to my friends place an have him remove it. As for the FA...Iv always wanted them for the 750, except im just okay with tuning...Is there any kind of gain? I also no nothing about jetting if it needs to be change. All cylinders are .5 over, the pistons tops are also all black from the crank case leak. Im lucky things didn't go boom. I wasn't even riding it at the time either.

+1
    Little update...Im overhauling the entire motor...New crank, an 3 new pistons. this will be my winter project

Thread Information