+1

riva waterbox question?

Anyone got a pic of the inside of the riva water box. I modified the stock vxr box curiuos what the difference is.

it is hollow inside like a gutted stock waterbox.i had both a modded stock and now a riva and neither produced a measurable top speed increase but both accelerated better than stock.however in all other areas between the riva and a modded stock there was no comparison.it is smaller shorter and the sound it produces is much deeper with zero drone.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    it is hollow inside like a gutted stock waterbox.i had both a modded stock and now a riva and neither produced a measurable top speed increase but both accelerated better than stock.however in all other areas between the riva and a modded stock there was no comparison.it is smaller shorter and the sound it produces is much deeper with zero drone.
    ok thanks.

+1
    I love the way you say deeper. LOL. My Riva Box on my ski is loud. Very Loud. People stop and aske me if I have a Big block in it or something. Oh and others tell me to go away because it is abnoxious! I guess to each there own.

+1
    If its just a sound change i'll save that mod for last. I was worried that maybe I opened up mine to much. Went from two holes to four. I guess back pressure is not an issue if the riva is completly gutted.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    If its just a sound change i'll save that mod for last. I was worried that maybe I opened up mine to much. Went from two holes to four. I guess back pressure is not an issue if the riva is completly gutted.
    It's just sound, I ran mine back to back with the stock one before I removed and sold the Riva and the only difference was db, absolutely no difference in RPM or acceleration.

80mph+ there is some acceleration difference when you uncork the waterbox believe me.hence why i bought the riva after selling my gutted one.ive had the gutted box the free flow the TJ mod and friends with thru hulls by far the best all around has been the riva box with a TJ mod exhaust.however for a VXR i couldnt justify spending $400 on the riva or putting up with the noise of the gutted waterbox and would likely stick to the stocker

So what better cleaning out your stock water box and k
    Making it shorter

Riva waterbox is smaller than the stock box.

Thread Information