RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1

Fun Bug Run What U Brung !!

Throwing some ideas out there for a little friendly fun run from West End lake beach area across the lake, down the canal and back across the lake. I hope someone will correct me on the names of the lakes and canals.
    What I am thinking is get whoever, riding whatever, doing it whenever we can get a group of people together.

The idea is to have no classes of PWC, no classes of riders, just a bunch of PWC taking off at the same time going as fast as you want to go and make a loop back to the park/beach area.
    The rules will be "no rules" in which it is basically a fun run for everyone to show their stuff and see if it will stay together long enough to make a "lap"....Spraying, cursing, spitting, is allowed. Hopefully no bumping.

We could have a "donation" kitty for participants to throw in some donation and the decided winner or winners will get the "kitty" to purchase whatever.

OK ? start your engines !
    Chuck

+1
    Chuck, coming from a non-interested racing perspective - that is a large course, if I understand you co-ordinates. At 12+ miles/loop, that's pretty darn big, w/the majority crossing lake Palourde twice. More often than not, Lake is P is not fun - that is unless you like big-chop challenges.

Other ideas: I always thought racing around the island between By. Felix and 4 Mile Bayou would be a fun course. Except for the the south end, which would cross the north portion of Grassy Lake, the wind would not come in play. Of course, I think timed best lap out of 2 or 3 would be better than the "free for all". I would have concerns of LDWF/Sheriff's Patrol shutting it down though...

Another thought, for hydr0-drag style is the large pond on the left side of Belle River, just north of the S-ville Bridge. I never see any traffic in there. You could go w/a 1/4 mile drag and still have that much more left for "hitting the brakes". No camps or otherwise to be concerned about.

Just my two - as a rec rider, I'd not participate but would certainly be out there to watch and record w/the camera.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Im just throwing some ideas out there to see if we can get more MB interest. We need some more input like Gators input on what would be a reasonable format to have some fun.
    On the other side of the spectrum, the long and rough ride across a lake would be perfect to break some balls, literally, and to see if you will put up or shut up. Just my opinion. Yes, I ride a yamaha and am not afraid of dogging my clutch. Gotta test your equipment once in a while.

Any kind of format/event to spark some competition is only going to increase our MB turnout to where it was a few years ago.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Using the words like "race", or "competition" would certainly attract the attention of legal authorities.
    That is why I chose to say "fun run". We can still contain our race format, but keep it identified as a fun event or cruise event. Just a really fast cruise.

+1
    its nice to see someone acually trying to bring back the glory days , it looks like the good old MUD BUG is gone...what a good place to ride....the only way to revive the BUG is to get the Hydro Drags in town....imho

8. +1 by:

+1
    I would be in

Thread Information