Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Biloxi

+1

Biloxi

I'll be in Biloxi the last weekend this month and will have the T all day on Saturday the 28th. I'm looking for vets or virgins to go exploring the Back Bay, T-Bouffa, and Biloxi Rivers. Any takers?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    I'll be in Biloxi the last weekend this month and will have the T all day on Saturday the 28th. I'm looking for vets or virgins to go exploring the Back Bay, T-Bouffa, and Biloxi Rivers. Any takers?
    Yeah...checking with wifey on the date now. Been looking at that area...that was our plan B area for gator hunting the weekend before last. Lots of bayous and water going all the way to the I-10 and 49 area and a good haul to the NE.
    Last edited by Sea-Donkey; 09-10-2013 at 01:16 PM.

+1
    Pencil us in. Where are we launching? Have you charted a route yet?

+1
    I have not charted a route and really only have marine experience w/Biloxi's Small Craft Harbor and Cadet Point Marine. I know that you know of one other a little inland from Deer Island as well... I will come up w/a game plan between the two rivers which will also span the majority of the Back Bay.

I'll be checking in the Beau Rivage on Friday and leaving Sunday. Saturday is my ride day. If anyone has seen this post, but hasn't responded b/c you're not going, please feel free to chime in w/launch and routing options.

+1
    Here's another I know of on Parker's Creek off of Tuxachanie Creek, which is the long run east that is north of Biloxi Bay. Never used it but it's public and the came recommended in that area on a boating forum. Called Parker's Creek Landing I believe.

Whether we launch there or not, Tuxachanie Creek looks like a wide open ride all the way past I-110/Highway 67.
    And if possible, I'd like to include a run up Bernard Bayou to I-10/49 near the Crossroads Center (shopping center that Academy Sports is in). Looks like easily navigable water from the highway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	biloxi ramp.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	313236Click image for larger version. 

Name:	biloxi rampz.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	313237

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1

Name:	Biloxi Gulfport Ride.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	313699

This ride is a good one if you want to back track some to launch up by the Gulfport Airport. Or you could launch down by Biloxi and backtrack up. Bring some fuel if you go up river.

+1
    I'm off that Sat. & interested !!! Chuck, you coming? That launch by Gulfport airport is really nice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post

This ride is a good one if you want to back track some to launch up by the Gulfport Airport. Or you could launch down by Biloxi and backtrack up. Bring some fuel if you go up river.
    Chuck, is that a trail from your actual ride there? If so, could you please email me a .KML file?

+1

This ride is a good one if you want to back track some to launch up by the Gulfport Airport.
    I like that one even better...we'll be coming in on 49 from the North so it's even closer.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post

Chuck, is that a trail from your actual ride there? If so, could you please email me a .KML file?
    I drew that up for you guys of a ride that Rooster, Sheri and I did. I did not log it on the GPS. The river going up just keeps going and going. Lots of sandbars that I was telling you about.
    There are several launch options that lead you to the same place that you will see on GE if you zoom in on the area map. Just go south and east it leads to the GOM which is a fairly long ride on open water. Not as much fun as running up the river.

Forgot to mention there is a launch just off of Hwy 605. You will pass by it on water if you ride the trail I drew up.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information