Difference between GTX is 255 and GTX is 260??????

Hello! I am planning on buying a used GTX IS LTD. but I can't really see the differences between these two Jetski instead of the horsepower and color!
    So What are the differnces between these two GTX ltd. iS 255 and 260 horsepower?

Thanks for your help!

Marc

+1
    5 hp.
    I've had both and the ride is exactly the same..
    My 09 gtx limited I S came loaded with speed ties and cruise..
    I think they charge extra for it now..
    Had over 160+ hrs of wot riding when I sold it..

+1
    Almost forgot..
    09 gtx had a rubber covered drive shaft..
    Newer models don't and that's a good thing.
    The rubber is no good and it rusted the drive shaft because you couldn't rinse it off after a salt water ride..

Are there any other things that have been changed?
    Should I buy a 260 or 255 GTX Ltd. IS?

Thanks Marc

2010 260 iS did also...

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Almost forgot..
    09 gtx had a rubber covered drive shaft..
    Newer models don't and that's a good thing.
    The rubber is no good and it rusted the drive shaft because you couldn't rinse it off after a salt water ride..

i think injectors 42 to 48 or so, probably ecu for the injectors and more, my 2010 iS had the crappy rubber coated shaft too.
    buy at minimum the 2011

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    5 hp.
    I've had both and the ride is exactly the same..
    My 09 gtx limited I S came loaded with speed ties and cruise..
    I think they charge extra for it now..
    Had over 160+ hrs of wot riding when I sold it..
    Incorrect. I have the 2013 GXT iS Limited 260 and it comes with 2 speed ties on the left side(fore and aft), cruise control, depth finder, and about 30 other things that show up on the display. Also, I have the X-Module installed to my gauge package, so I also get the stopwatch, lap-timer, avg speed/rpm, top speed/rpm, etc.

I've only read on here that some had problems with the 2012 and earlier boats-with leaking inter-coolers. But, I cannot confirm if this boat ever had that issue......

Other than that-mechanically, everything is the same between the two. You get a boat cover, glove box liner that zips up and is removable, a hard "clamshell" type carrier that fits on top of the glove box liner for things like cell phones, credit cards, etc(mine just sits in the cabinet), "Emergency kit"-which consist of a red storage box, whistle, tow rope, and I forget if it has anything else. You also get a sand anchor, and a dry bag.

OH, you also get a lot of people staring at you......especially at about the 10 second mark after you've come to idle, and the top deck lowers as the boat enters "dock mode".
    People just don't see the Limited iS that often-and when they do, they look. It's a good looking boat(IMHO), and the ride is plush. Also, the seat/back-rest is perfect.

Also; you have Eco-mode, Cruise, and Sports mode. The boat starts in Cruise Mode-from there you can select Eco or Sport-or just leave it alone. The only thing these modes do, is alter the throttle response, and in Eco mode, it limits the RPM/top speed to about 42mph.
    I use the "normal/cruise" mode most of the time-as I find Sport mode makes the throttle too sensitive, and when you're in the chop, and don't have the cruise control engaged(which turns off sport mode, BTW), it's difficult to control the speed.

+1
    You can turn the dock mode off so that it only lowers down when you shut the ski off. You have it in dock mode auto right now. That is why it goes down when you let off the gas.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    You can turn the dock mode off so that it only lowers down when you shut the ski off. You have it in dock mode auto right now. That is why it goes down when you let off the gas.
    Yea, I know that-it looks cooler in dock auto

Thread Information