Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rookiepwc

2006 Yamaha FX HO opinions

Looking for a used waverunner was considering a 2006 Yamaha FX HO

Are they any good? Reliable? Any known issues?

Nice skis.. If it looks and runs well then buy it..

+1
    I have had 3 of them...Awesome reliable skis. I have 2 2006 cruiser fx ho. how many hours and what condition?

+1
    Don't buy one if you want to learn how to work on Jetskis. You'll never get the opportunity to do anything but change the oil and spark plugs. Your whole tool collection will go to waste.

+1
    Don't buy one if you like making trips to the gas station, or own stock in the big oil companies. It takes forever to use up a tank of gas.

+1
    Don't buy one if you like a hard ride and enjoy feeling every ripple in the water. The ride is just too smooth and comfortable.

+1
    I have 2 Yamaha 4-stroke skis (02 FX140 and 04 FXHO) as well as an 06 SX230 HO boat.

I'll never buy another Yamaha... because these will last longer than me!

+1

Go For It !

Bullet Proof Motor, Great Fuel Mileage, Nothing negative bout that ski...will be my next one and im currently riding a FZ & SHO
    I would service before you ride oil/filter/plugs so you know were your at ...Go for it!

+1
    I had to get one after riding with a buddy who has an 07 HO. With my FZR, I was on the buzzer and he was at a half tank. Rides nice and can be had at a fair price. Not the fastest, but if you can get it anywhere north of 60, you're a happy camper. I'm now honestly thinking of selling my FZR. That's how good a ski it is.

I drove a 06 fx140 as a guide ski in key west for a number of years. It was faster then the other companies guide skis(newer HO) and hardly ever needed repairs. It was driven for 6-8 hours a day, in any and all types of weather.

The difference everyone immediately saw between then HO and the SHO was about 6-8 mph on the top end, less tim to get that top speed, and about three times the fuel consumption. Aside from the obvious SC issues, most tour companies stopped allowing guides to use the SHO skis, mainly because the guides are the worst on the skis. Its not for lack of skill, but for lack of care...plus, if we power is there for them to get on, they surely will whenever they they want. A few blips on the throttle with a SHO and all of a sudden your about 5 gallons lighter.. If ran right you can run a full tour with 5 gallons, maybe less. So that number greatly effects the bottom line...if im not mistaken think the engine is capable of consuming somewhere around 11 gallons of fuel per hour....with a 18ish gallon tank, you do the math...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information