Thread: Code P1116

Code P1116

I'm new here but have had a 2006 rxt since it was new. Just had the error code come up today. I've read all of the scary posts about blown head gaskets etc. In my case is seems like a little bit better news. When I fill the coolant reservoir, the coolant immediately runs out the hose below it shown in the pic. There is no clamp to be found but there is an o-ring in a unique plastic fitting with a strainer inside the housing. How does this fitting go together and secure tight.
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	313214  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by grog01 View Post
    I'm new here but have had a 2006 rxt since it was new. Just had the error code come up today. I've read all of the scary posts about blown head gaskets etc. In my case is seems like a little bit better news. When I fill the coolant reservoir, the coolant immediately runs out the hose below it shown in the pic. There is no clamp to be found but there is an o-ring in a unique plastic fitting with a strainer inside the housing. How does this fitting go together and secure tight.
    Mike
    That`s the thermostat housing in your picture Mike. The black coloured piece you can see which is connected to the hose, pushes into the housing and is held in place with plastic tabs that are moulded onto the piece itself. The bit inside the housing your referring too is actually the thermostat itself. There should be an O ring in there also which is what makes the water tight seal when the housing is all together. Normally the two pieces are not seperated like you see in your picture, they are pressed together. You will need to press the two pieces back together ensuring that the tabs lock into the holes in the housing. Your probably going to have to remove the complete housing from the engine to press the two pieces back together. A bench hydraulic press is the best option or a vice. If the two pieces wont stay together, then you might need to find another complete housing.

Thread Information