2008 rxp-x vts troubles

Hello, I am new to this site. I just purchased a 2008 rxp-x with 44hrs and it runs very well. the only issue I am having is the vts the guage only registers 1 bar from the nose down position then it doesnt register on the guage at all. I was wondering if anyone had any issues with this and was also wondering if anyone knew how many degrees it is actually supposed to move so I can check and see if the guage is just messed up or the guage is reading correct and i have a problem with something getting bound up. hope this makes sense!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ehle14 View Post
    Hello, I am new to this site. I just purchased a 2008 rxp-x with 44hrs and it runs very well. the only issue I am having is the vts the guage only registers 1 bar from the nose down position then it doesnt register on the guage at all. I was wondering if anyone had any issues with this and was also wondering if anyone knew how many degrees it is actually supposed to move so I can check and see if the guage is just messed up or the guage is reading correct and i have a problem with something getting bound up. hope this makes sense!
    Push VTS up button-does the nozzle move up, and all the little bars light up?? If yes, it works. If no-check fuse.
    At full nose down, 1 bar will light up only....
    And, I believe it's 3 degree's plus or minus, up/down.
    You should hear the noise of the VTS motor turning as you push the button(without the engine running). No noise?? Problem.
    also, I heard someone mention that the actual VTS motor itself, is a car window actuator motor-so they're pretty cheap.

I sold my 2008 RXT-X with 190 hours on it, and the VTS worked perfectly. Good luck.

I had the same problem at 20 hrs. It was a bad vts motor and module. Water got in the case and shorted it out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fast04neon View Post
    I had the same problem at 20 hrs. It was a bad vts motor and module. Water got in the case and shorted it out.
    This is more than likely your fix for in-op VTS. Or erratic VTS operation. Check the VTS rod boot, if you find water in housing. Buy a new OEM boot and plastic clamps.

when I push the vts the nozzle does move but the on the guage when I push up it never goes one bar past nose all the way down. I haven't dug into it yet. I was looking to see actual travel in degrees to see if it was moving all the way and determine if my guage is just messed up. looks like you said 3 degrees. I thought it would be more than that. maybee my guage is just broken. It seems to move freely the little bit that it does move. I'll put an angle finder on it ASAP. if I'm not correct the module is what indicated to the guage what the trim is set at? so i guess its possible that

Thread Information