Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

STX-12f, STX-15f, and Ultra LX Temperature Sensor replacement PSA (PLEASE READ)

It has been brought to my attention that the superseded water and oil temperature sensor (part number 21176-0741) causes a high temp warning to be displayed by the gauge on the pre 2013 year model STX-12f, STX-15f, and LX model. These sensors were part of the "hot start issue" resolution package that was implimented on the 2013 year model. The sensor part number was superseded in a number of catalogs and as a result myself and others recommended the replacement as a fix to the "hot start issue" Unfortunately the function of the new temp sensors was not tested prior to the advise being given which I would like to apologize for, I am normally on top of these type of things but I received some faulty information which I am working to correct. I have acquired a 2013 ECU, the proper part number 21176-0741 sensors and will be conducting several tests in the next weeks on my personal skis.

I have successfully been able to remove the tune from the 2013 ecu which I am analyzing now. I have also been able to pull the tune off of my 2004 stx-12f and my 2004 stx-15f ecus and I am working on integrating the temperature sensor module in the 2013 ecu as well as the fuel curve and timing curve into the 2004 stx-15f ecu. This will allow for the use of the ecu on skis with faulty displays due to the lack of slo mode on the 2004 ecu.

I also have the option of just uploading the 2013 tune to the older model ecu if your display is working and you would like to keep slo mode.

For anyone with a stx-12f I am working on a few things, I will be integrating the temperature sensor curves into the stx-12f tune from my 2004 after I verify that the 2004 ecu I have is a safe tune, I will also be happy to upload a "safe" tune to one of the questionable ecus that was produced on a number of stx-12fs.

For now, please hold off on purchasing the new part number, if you need a new oil temp and water temp sensor purchase part number 21176-3758

I will update this thread as I make progress, please post in this thread if you have purchased the new sensors AND send me a pm so that we can get everything taken care of.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Sean

can you flash the early ecu 3729 with latter firmware/tune ?

+1
    Yes but im getting it made up now.

Sean

+1
    Thanks big time Sean for all you do and share with the rest of us!!!

+1
    Small update, there was no chance that the New sensors would work on the stock 2012 and older ecu tune, the New sensors are a linear curve while the old ones are an exponential curve. I am pleased to say that for the 15f I can use the New tune directly as long as the model I am flashing to is newer than 2004 or has slo mode.

Ill update more tomorrow.

Sean

Have you found out anything additional on the solution?
    I have a 2010 and this year the hard restart started. Want to order a new sensor, but not sure what to order.

thanks.

+1
    I have made some progress on the maps, I have the raw file setup so I can view the data now but it is still rough with no scaling. I will try and test the basic flash when I make it back to Houston early on next week.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    I have made some progress on the maps, I have the raw file setup so I can view the data now but it is still rough with no scaling. I will try and test the basic flash when I make it back to Houston early on next week.

Sean
    Sean
    Should I just get the original part?

+1
    For the time being yes, unless you have a 2005 or newer 15f I dont have the flash ready for the New sensors. If you have a 2005 or newer (with slo mode) I can flash the 2013 tune to the ecu. If you want the New tune and New sensors send me a pm for the details.

Sean

+1
    I dont know if you remember, but a while ago I asked you about these sensors. I ended up ordering 2 of the 3758's. But I am still having the hot start issue. I pour cold water on the temp sensor in the exhaust and it will stay up. What are my options?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information