1994 95 polaris sl 750 to 1993 sl 650 jug swop..?

will 1994 or 1995 polaris sl750 jugs and heads work on a 1993 polaris sl650 crank case? the water jackets look diffrent, but will they work?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Yes and no.

The heads will be fine.

Will the cyls fit, yes

Will they work, yes

BUT.......

The 93 uses a different cooling routing VS. the 1994 and newer Fujis.

I'm pretty sure the 1994 and newer Fuji cylinders are not machined for the water to pass through the bottom of the cyl and into the engine case like the 1992 and 93 models. So some cooling re-routing might be in order to use them.

It may be easier to just find an engine case from a 1994 and newer Fuji to use. They are around and pretty cheap to buy. And if you're getting water into the bottom end of your engine, there's a chance it wasn't winterized properly and may have a crack in it from being frozen??

Also note though, that if you install 750 cyls on the 650, you'll need to rejet the carbs, and most likely want to install an impeller for a 750.

well rerouting the cooling system shouldnt be no biggy because i allready heve the hoses,exaust maniforld,water raill ,the hole other ski witch is a 94, and i can use the 94 750 block...my new plan now(if i can?) is taking my good 93 650 crank out, put it in my 94 750 engine,and go ahead and use the 94 750 heads then put that motor into my 93 ski, iam assuming i can do this being that i have all the parts..? will this work? and yes you are correct the 94 heads dont have a water channel down to the crank case like my 93 650 heads do.. can i take the jets out of that 94 750 carberator and put thim in my 93 650 carbs?they are better looking carbs on the inside, i am not real nollagable about the rejeting proccess? witch block was more reliable i wonder? you would think the 92 and 93 would be being they are water cooled? i would like to take the 94 jet pump and put on my 93 hull if possible, the 94 was a better pump so i have read, i didnt have any trouble pulling both pumps,but it looks to me like the rear houseing has to come off the 94 to put on my 93 hull and that plate really seems to be stuck on there good!! not sure how to get that off the hull with damageing anything.???

+1
    What's wrong with the 94 hull? It does have the better jet pump design, improved engine block and cooling configuration already. Plus it should have variable trim too.

Yes, you can swap the 94 engine into your 93 hull with modified cooling route.

Yes, you can swap jets from the 94 and put them into the 93 carbs. BUT, you may not get good performance from them since you won't be using the same impeller, and possibly from different ignition timing. (some trial and error may be involved)

Polaris only used the water cooled engine block for 2 years, then opted to use the newer style (non-cooled) for 6 or 7 years. It seems the water cooled block was not needed, and only led to another possible water intrusion inside the engine.

Yes, you can swap a 94 and newer style jet pump to a 92 and 93 hull. How about posting a pic of the back of the ski so I can see what you may or may not need to remove/install please.

Remove the jet pump and drive shaft. Remove all the bolts from the ride plate. Place a long 2X4 board into the water intake opening, and pry down on the ride plate. It should release the silicone holding the plate on.

well the 93 hull is in a little better shape...hell not sure about posting the picture yet,haveing a hell of time just figureing out how to reply back to you..lol but i can tell you this much the bolt patern is the same, win i removed the 94 jet pump it comes off and out but there is about 3 or 4 inches of the houseing that stays on, thats the piece i will have to remove to fit on my 93 haul(the 93 pump and houseing comes off almost flush to the haul. iam going to need to get the rest of that houseing off to put on the 93,...next question can i use that 93 crank case heads and jugs but use the hose configuration from the 94? i know that water will still be going to the crank case becuse the 93 jugs are not sealed at the bottom, but why would it matter? i would be useing the 94 exaust manifold (the hole 94 exaust system) (the reason i want to do this is because i have a hole new 93 650 top end to put on something... the 94 block needs a new crank and 1 new piston and jug...and iam not 100percent sure the exaust manifold is not cracked? thats why i was getting water in my crankcase, i filled the 93 horn looking exaust tube with water(not the water jackets just the exaust,i then took a air house and blew in2 the water inlit,it made the water bubble a lot that was in the exaust hor lookin tube...but i dont know if that should be doing that? my theiry is that it should and win the engine starts it pumping water(just like it did the air) back in2 the engine?

+1
    If the 93 hull is only slightly better than the 1994, Keep the 94 hull. Better electronics, trim, better jet pump, probably digital display, etc....

You're really creating a "Frankenski" with all of this swapping talk. It's going to make it really difficult to make it perform well and not have strange issues Just a thought.

yea your probably write, not real concerned about witch hull to use...not sure about that.. but my main concern is will them 93 650 jugs (with the open water ports leading down to the crankcase water ports) work or be ok to use on the 94 750 crank case? i dont want to use the 93 650 because it might have a crack in it(getting water down in it and i cant figure out why, i replaced all gaskets on it and poured water down the water ports and let it sit for a couple days and it dont leak out a drop(but thats not under pressure )i even made a jig to cover the exust and water outlits for the heads and jugs and turned them upside down and pourd water down the water jackets and its not leaking off..? maybe the exust is cracked?

+1
    Will they work? YES

BUT.... You will have water trapped in the lower half of the engine case. If you see freezing temps, you will most likely have engine case damage if that water freezes.

Water can enter your engine either through the head gasket, exhaust gasket, or through a crack in the cyl and/or engine case.

There is also another way if you run the engine on the garden hose at home. If you don't start the engine first before turning on the water, and shut the water off before the engine, you might be filling up the exhaust and it can feed back into the engine that way. Just a thought.....

Thread Information