+1

[email protected]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	313248  

+1
    Drove about 150 miles to get the 99. While I was picking it up, a guy calls I talked to about 3 weeks ago saying he finally got the title for the 98 that is in the back of the truck. He was a 1 1/2 hours farther out. Figured I was already this close why not. The 98 has at least a after market plat on it there is a riva sticker maybe that is what it is. Might have aftermarket grate and prop also will figure it out once I figure out how to get it outa the truck.

99 lost a oil line with minimal damage to the hole(I hope). 98 lost #3 and a rod bearing. Case is good tho. I was looking for a GPR, but this 99 will look mint after some elbow grease. Got about $11-1200 tied up in both counting expenses.. Ended up being a 12hour trip after dealing with sheriffs for awhile. Ironically I got stopped less than 1 min from my house.

+1

+1
    Haha but congrats! Proves an old saying correct, if its late at night and there are headlights behind you, its prolly a cop love the mounting system for the ski.

+1
    Ya had I known I was going over there for two I woulda took a trailer that coulda accommodated both skis and their trailers. Had to get him to knock the price down and keep the trailer didn't want to spend another $100 in fuel and all that time for a parts ski when I was so close to it. I have trailers coming out my ears as it is.

+1
    Upon farther inspection I am pretty sure the lower case is cracked in that 98. Those cases woulda doubled what I paid for that ski. Oh we'll still lotsa good parts on it.

+1
    So......what happened.....what did the cops say??????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo1964 View Post
    So......what happened.....what did the cops say??????
    Think it went something like this..son, do you honestly think your not posing a danger to other drivers...say...its a little late to be moving about...hummm...have any papers for that ski...step out of the car please...

+1
    They were not at all concerned about it sticking out. Even if they had brought that up I am am aware of width laws as I have a class A cdl. My overall width was well with in limits. U can just se in the 2nd pic how dark my windows are. So they assumed I had friends and we were out stealing skis. I live 1/4 mile from the water, and ski theft sprees do happen from time to time. I had titles/bill of sales. They Ran my info and the skis info, we stood around and bs'ed for about 20 mins. They seemed very shocked I had traveled across the state for 5 hours though idk 10+ counties and had not been stopped yet.

They were very easy going once I provided the paper work and I appreciate that they checked me out. I mean he'll who moves a ski at 3am yet alone have one hanging out the back.

Thread Information