Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

oil blowing from my blow off valve...

So long story short I took my ski to a local dealer to have the oil changed before going on vacation (I just didn't have time) and it looks like the pushed the oil return line down to access the oil filter and kinked the hose and left it like that. Yesterday I was out riding and noticed an oil smell from my ski and sure enough there is oil everywhere and its dripping from my BOV

I cleaned it all up and un kinked the hose... is there any chance that line being kinked / blocked cause me to blow out any seals or anything? Anything else I should look for? Would that line being kinked cause a ton of oil in my intake? or did I blow the supercharger seal? (my breather line is attached to the intake).

Thanks Brad

+1
    just got the ski in the garage to check the oil... it is on the low side (about 1/3 way from low to full) so the oil is def not overfilled)

+1
    Check the front of your valve cover gasket. Right above the S/C. The Lil half moons will push out if there is to much crank case psi.

4. +1 by:

+1
    checked it and it looks fine. It was pretty obvious the oil was coming from the BOV.

+1
    Could have been just to much crankcase psi causing it to come out there. Wash it real good and take it back out. I would run it for a few min with the seat off to see if you can see it coming out. It probably wont since you fixed that hose kink.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Check these threads out. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...light=cam+plug and http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=203774
    I had something similar my catch can was full of oil puking it into the air intake! The question is why your did that. could be because of the kinked line, cam plug or maybe your kinked line (gotta love the dealers)...

9. +1 by:

+1
    Seems a common problem check your cam plugs took me 2 months to find the problem

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Check these threads out. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...light=cam+plug and http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=203774
    I had something similar my catch can was full of oil puking it into the air intake! The question is why your did that. could be because of the kinked line, cam plug or maybe your kinked line (gotta love the dealers)...
    Thanks Gus. I'm going to pull the cams and do the plug when I get back next weekend. Was contemplating taking ski out today but the fact is the plugs need to be done no matter what so why risk it.

Thanks for the links I have them both on my favorites

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by flipsfzr View Post
    Seems a common problem check your cam plugs took me 2 months to find the problem
    was a plug your issue than?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Hope the intercooler does not have oil all in it.......if it does brake clean will take care of it, If the drain back hose was kinked it is likely that oil blow by went into tube into SC and was blown into intercooler and when BOV operated it let some of the oil out with it. I'd make sure intercooler core is not covered in oil, if its a stock cooler its probably fine and will clear up, but if its a aftermarket IC then you might check and clean it.

And I'm sorry Brad for snapping at you

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information