ceramic washer question

I'm very close to purchasing 2006 sportster SCIC. any reputable shops you can recomend to replace the ceramic washers with metal in the State of Maryland. Also, I'm working out the warranty period left on boat with the dealer and wanted to know if the repalcement of the washers voids any warranty. Also, are there any other recomended changes to engine, not for performance, but reliability.

Thanks in advance
    joe

ceramics

If I didn't have a "machine whisperer" for a good buddy, I'd have shipped 'em to Jerry...his price is very reasonable & I have a pretty good idea he has quite a bit more familiarity with the fine details required than most monkeys slogging in the "stealerships." In other words, pull the trigger, buy the boat, and ship the superchargers to Jerry. For reliability, you might also consider putting in ceramic bearings in the supercharger . . . with ceramic washers & bearings, you won't have to go in there again for a LONG time . . . maybe many seasons of riding. With the stock metal bearings, many seem to have noticed substantial wear and play in them after only a season of riding. Ceramics (bearings) turn better, probably run cooler, and will last WAY longer.

I did NOT mean to say "with ceramic washers & bearings"!! I meant METAL washers & CERAMIC bearings.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sands View Post
    I'm very close to purchasing 2006 sportster SCIC. any reputable shops you can recomend to replace the ceramic washers with metal in the State of Maryland. Also, I'm working out the warranty period left on boat with the dealer and wanted to know if the repalcement of the washers voids any warranty. Also, are there any other recomended changes to engine, not for performance, but reliability.

Thanks in advance
    joe
    Joe, what part of MD are you in? I'm in the Glen Burnie area and i can do the washer swap for you. You might also want to look into a strainer as well, cheap insurance.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=451

Thread Information