Thread: stx15f 08

stx15f 08

hello everyone:

im new on this forum but i need help my stx15f water box muffler on the left side of the hull is leaking because the corrosion of salt water need one if someone know enybody pls let me know thanks............

what part of it is leaking

the water box (muffler)it self is bad complete i need one is on the left side

+1
    bypass it. just get a 180" silicone bend and go right out the hull exit pipe with it.

+1
    You can't just bypass the left waterbox, the noise would be unbearable & the front part of it is where the water enters to cool the hoses, with no water that 180* hose would only last a minute. Trying to find a used one of these is difficult & new ones are very expensive. What part of your box is bad? If the main body is corroded thru its possible to have rewelded, depending on the amount of corrosion, if the pipe part(with water fittings) at the front where the rubber hose connects to the exhaust pipe is ok, you may be able to cut that section off right before the main body of the box & find a hose set up that you can route it to the right side waterbox, this would be louder than stock, but tolerable & would maintain water through the system.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RLACEMAN View Post
    You can't just bypass the left waterbox, the noise would be unbearable & the front part of it is where the water enters to cool the hoses, with no water that 180* hose would only last a minute. Trying to find a used one of these is difficult & new ones are very expensive. What part of your box is bad? If the main body is corroded thru its possible to have rewelded, depending on the amount of corrosion, if the pipe part(with water fittings) at the front where the rubber hose connects to the exhaust pipe is ok, you may be able to cut that section off right before the main body of the box & find a hose set up that you can route it to the right side waterbox, this would be louder than stock, but tolerable & would maintain water through the system.
    Bypassing the primary is a huge mess and will be stupidly loud if you can even figure out how to keep the motor from sucking water back into the engine while cranking. I never got it to work.

Sean

mine is damage in the front where the fittings goes so i need another water box let me knowb guys....thanksss....

+1
    I have been looking for one too, except taking my time trying to find one at a lower decent price. There is usually a few on ebay but I don't see any at all on there right now.

+1
    I thought he meant the secondary was leaking. definetly don't bypass primary.

Thread Information