Arrow Weber Through-Hull bearing carrier #402423, replacement for Polaris OEM through-hull?

Hey everyone - new to he forum, but it looks great. I did some searching, and I have not found this answer - will Weber part #402423 fit a 96 - Polaris SLT-780? My hunch says yes, but I don't want to get the wrong one.

I am hoping to get the part Tuesday Wednesday so I can finish my pump before I head to Colonial Beach, VA this coming weekend!

Thanks!
    Last edited by K447; 09-14-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I do think that $86 Weber 402423 Driveshaft Seal assembly will indeed fit and work, but the used one you already have can probably be rebuilt rather than replaced.

This is the parts needed for the rebuild;
    WeberPower 103690 Repair Kit Seal Driveshaft. $19.07

I can't seem to get all of the old stuff out. I believe the split sleeves have come out , but the races of the seals are crazy stuck in there. I have tried using a large flat blade screwdriver to work them out, but I have only been able to get one about 1/4" off of the shoulder it sits against. Any ideas to get it cleaned out? Everything is pretty well toast, although the inside of the housing seems in fair shape. I have nicked the shoulder from prying and twisting with the screwdriver, but I think a can smooth it out

+1
    Post a photo of what you have there, and how you are trying to extract the old seals.

Okee dokee, because you did not tell me I was screwed, I tried a new method and popped the bearing seals right out. I have the new ones from weber (thank you for the part #). Shipped MOnday & got em today. Everything is kosher, and I will do the freezer method, but what way do the seals go in? THey have a beveled side and a flat side. DO they both go in beveled side first, or different? I took a bunch of pictures that I will post over the weekend to show the destroyed pump bearings, thru hull bearings, impeller, etc. Wait til you see the impeller shaft! The shaft in one spot is worn more than 50% through the diameter of the shaft! The impeller is 3/4" smaller in diameter than when it started. The bearings failed and my wifes uncle limped it back to the dock (1 hour trip). What a mess. Once I know which way to put those new seals in, she will be back in order (new stator, wear ring, impeller, shaft, bearings, o - rings, through hull bearings later). At least I could salvage the wedge...right??

+1
    The shaft seals are oriented based on which side of the seal has the actual seal lip with the fine garter spring around it.

Thread Information