Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2004 GTX 185 SC "sensor" message issue

I have a 2004 GTX 185 SC that will not start. I get my 2 beeps and then 'sensor"' shows up on display and the machine will turn over but not start.

We have a Candoo system and it shows no occurring or active faults. The machine has 66 hr 10 min on it and the last error code that was there was P0231 - fuel pump shorted to ground or open circuit. This was triggered at 65 hr 31 min - about 45 min prior. We manually checked the fuel pump pressure and the fuel did not really squirt out much and at 44 PSI it would, would it not?

We also determined that there is no spark at this time.

Do I these 4 tek's shut off the ignition system if there is an issue elsewhere in order to prevent damage to the engine?

We followed the info on troubleshooting that error code as best as we could as well as checking the various sensors. All appear ok.

Ae we correct in thinking fuel pump failure?

Generally speaking a sensor will no disable fuel or spark.

Do the basics to determine where you are.
    Compression test, test for spark, and get an accurate fuel pump pressure. If FP is either to low or to high it can cause a no start event.

+1
    Coastiejoe! You're famous! We'll check that. I'm thinking the FP is low. But the no spark issue worries me but it could be related to the "sensor" message.
    Last edited by jamalama; 09-15-2013 at 04:43 PM.

+1
    If you push the set button 5 times dose it give a code?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    If you push the set button 5 times dose it give a code?
    Nope. We tried that. IIRC it just said "end" or something like that.

+1
    take your ecu out of you machine you are having problems with and put it into another ski-- check to see if the problem moves to this other machine. I have seen a number of bad ecus-- more bad ecus than dropped valves or ceramic washer failures.

Usually when a Seadoo says "sensor" is because the depth finder is not picking up a good signal. You maybe thinking to yourself my seadoo doesn't have a depth finder and you would be correct. For some odd reason the depth finder gets turned on and the sensor is getting a null value and then reports "sensor". Take it to a dealership and have them press a button to remove that.

+1
    This seadoo does have a depth finder. It's the GTX Ltd edition. I have a Candoo. Maybe that thing will fix this??!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blueled View Post
    Usually when a Seadoo says "sensor" is because the depth finder is not picking up a good signal. You maybe thinking to yourself my seadoo doesn't have a depth finder and you would be correct. For some odd reason the depth finder gets turned on and the sensor is getting a null value and then reports "sensor". Take it to a dealership and have them press a button to remove that.
    As I said above this seadoo has a depth finder but would the presence of this "sensor" light prevent the start even if related to the depth finder?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastiejoe View Post
    Generally speaking a sensor will no disable fuel or spark.

Do the basics to determine where you are.
    Compression test, test for spark, and get an accurate fuel pump pressure. If FP is either to low or to high it can cause a no start event.
    Compression is very good, fuel pump is at around the 44 mark. No spark right now.

Error code P0463 Fuel level sensor circuit shorted to 12V or open circuit is now showing as "occurred" - which should mean
    it occurred in the past and is no longer an issue.

It states - Damaged sensor, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector or damaged MPEM output pins.
    Service action: Check voltage between system circuit 1-21 and battery ground

The only thing we have been able not to check is this "damaged sensor"

To me it's logical that a sensor related to spark is screwed up and telling the machine not to spark - but I would hope we'd
    have gotten a specific error code related to that...yeesh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information