should the exaust tube be pumping out a lot of water OUT OF THE BOTTOM EXAUST HOLE?

im having trouble trying to find out why and or how i am getting water in2 the crankcase of my 1993 polaris sl, it has all new gaskets, i made a jig to put over my exausT on the jugs and heads(engine is now dissasembled)so i could pour water down the water jackets of the jugs/heads, then i poured water down the water jackets of the crank case,and the exuast manifol to see if it would leak out anyware, but its not leaking any were that i can see, so were is my leak.??? BUT then i took a garden hose and hooked it up to the inlit of the large horn looking tube i have notice that water comes out the top of the horn(were it attaches to the exaust maniford water jackets like its spose to) BUT there is also a good bit of water comeing out the exaust hole witch would go write into the muffler and fill it up i belive..is this write? should it be doing that?? or does this mean my exaust tube is cracked.. could this be why my jet ski will run on the trailor but win i put it in the water it bogs down and then wont run at all till i pull it back out of the water?
    please some one HELP!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    There is a water injection orifice that sprays water into the exhaust pipe interior. It is fed from the exhaust pipe water jacket.

That orifice spray is what keeps the exhaust waterbox cool during normal engine operation.

i have a 1994 exaust tube , so i tried the same thing with it putting a gaden hose on the inlit, but water only came out the water jackets on it?why? how much water should be coming out on that 93? i would say about half of what the garden hose is puttin in is coming write back out the big hole at the bottom towards the muffler? is this write? how can i tell if my exaust tube is cracked?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewater View Post
    i have a 1994 exaust tube , so i tried the same thing with it putting a gaden hose on the inlit, but water only came out the water jackets on it?why?

how much water should be coming out on that 93? i would say about half of what the garden hose is puttin in is coming right back out the big hole at the bottom towards the muffler? is this write? how can i tell if my exaust tube is cracked?
    That sounds like way too much water to be just the injection orifice.

wel how much do you think ? like just a very small stream say the size of a pencil,or a stream as big as your thumb, cause mine is about the size of a thumb...
    thanks
    for your help

+1
    Do you have a pic of your exhaust pipe?

+1
    The 93 pipe is much different from the 94. The 94 pipe has an inlet on the forward facing (front of the ski) end of the pipe. The water then travels through the pipe jacket up to the exhaust manifold outlet. Water will come out of the pipe and into the exhaust manifold, then into the cylinders around the exhaust openings, through the cylinder jackets and up out through the heads, then exits through the water rail out the back of the ski.

While this is going on, there is a brass fitting facing the rear of the ski at the top of the pipe where it bolts to the exhaust manifold with four large bolts. There should be a 5/16" hose connecting this fitting to a fitting lower on the side (port side) of the exhaust pipe, at about the midpoint front to rear. This is the injection orifice.

What evidence do you have that you are getting water into the motor? You can visually see water in the crankcase? Or is it just that the ski won't run in the water....??

+1
    Cooling flow for a 94 pipe.... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	94 cooling flow.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	313715

yes win i take the engine apart, i find water in the crank case(write below the crank, i have tested every thing from the jugs to the crank case itself,and the heads(letting water sit in them over night)... but i noticed win i put a garden hose on the tube exust inlit, about half the water comes out the big exaust hole(towards muffler), the other half comes out of the water jackets towards the exaust manifold like it should...is the to much water to be coming out the big tube looking exaust....

Thread Information