Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Help, 2008 rxpx oil light coming on ang going into limp mode

Ok well been jacking with the px for a while. Can go to the lake and starts and runs fine for 15minutes or so. Can let her eat and get it up 70 or so and then let off the gas and then beep dam it, the oil indicator comes on. Ok unplug the key and plug it back on and take off again then a few minutes later the stupid thing comes on again. i changed the oil and the sending unit. the motor is fresh and the ski only has like 38 hrs on it. Not sure the oil plunger in the oil pump cover could be sticking or what. The motor runs and sounds fine, nice and quiet. Any help here would be greatly appricated. the filter has been changed also. ???? im baffled and need the sea doo expert here, thanks ted

+1
    How much oil is on the stick when you check it.....Mine started doing that at just over 1 quart low......Full speed>>>>Let off.... Beep "low oil warning"

+1
    My boat is doing the same. Get it hooked up to BUDS or CanDoo. Mine says TOPS valve or oil pressure sensors. The valve seems to work so I purchased the 2 sensors- about $30 each. Haven't put them in yet to see if its fixed.

+1
    Have you done any work on the motor?

Probably one of the sensors.. Ive gotten the light to blink on and say low oil pressure when going full out for a while, i switched to a thicker oil and it went away.

+1
    basic rebuild, rings and the head redone. the bearings all look good, so i did not replace them. is there more than one oil sender ? I guess the tops valve is the one in the bottom of the pto cover ? this is the 08 model and i think it has only one oil sender, correct me if im wrong, thanks in advance, ted ps: the pto cover i used was from another ski, maybe thats it ?

Why a basic rebuild after only 38 hrs ?

+1
    not sure on a 08, the 04 has a tops valve and a oil pressure sensor next to it and another sensor on the rear bottom.

+1
    Ok Did you loosen/tighten/remove the oil pressure requlator on the bottom of the PTO cover its the one with the 10mm bolt head. this can be easily crushed Just did it to mine. If so you will need a new sleeve

P/N 420256606

+1
    Well the orignal motor got exploded and i got another block and basicly tranfered the parts. the one rod is still stuck in the block. that is the way i got it. I have not checked the pto cover valve. Did your oil light come on all the time. the sender that i replaced was the one under the intake maifold. i think it was the oil sender unit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information