a few vxs add ons while waiting for mod parts...

while waiting for my other parts to get here i did manage to get a few extra things done...got the bow spray skirt on,rear storage bucket in place...still want to put an extension on it to make it deeper,mounted the tranducer and automatic bilge pump...still need to plumb it in,got the thru hull exhaust on and still plan on making it a dual exhaust down the road,mounted boarding step and relocated the hinge stop so the step will drop lower in the water,the fusion stereo fits like a glove in the glovebox along with mp3 and enough room left over to hold a 32 ounce gatoraide and lastly...which is my favorite...made cup holder for a cold beer out of a 3 inch black abs coupling...same color as ski and wont sun fade...cold beer does not touch handle bars while turning and when cold beer is removed from cup holder you can then raise glove box to access tunes...and my other favorite is the lowrance finder/gps/plotter....will be putting in the water in the morning to see what a difference the ribbon delete and thru hull exhaust made....and hopefully find some boxes of parts from the mail when i get back home....

Nice! How does that radio work? Did you add speakers?

I'm also interested in knowing is that splash guard really works. Is that universal from riva?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Nice set up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    Nice! How does that radio work? Did you add speakers?

I'm also interested in knowing is that splash guard really works. Is that universal from riva?
    the radio works great..has vhf,can use mp3 with it as well...lots of other features too...havent installed speakers yet as im trying to decide where i want them...as far as the splash guard,ive used other brands on other much smaller rigs that had a wet ridin hull and they were lifesavers...yup,got it from riva and my understanding is that it is universal...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    Nice set up.....
    thanks for sharing your lowrance install...it is DEAD PERFECT...and very user friendly mounted here...all i gotta do now is order some extra latches just in case ...

+1
    Just figure a way to mount speakers in mirrors. They are useless anyway... ski looks great derrick. You are doing a great job. Nice details

7. +1 by:

+1
    Is that bilge pump in the front under air intake hose?

Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    Just figure a way to mount speakers in mirrors. They are useless anyway... ski looks great derrick. You are doing a great job. Nice details
    yeah thats kinda what i was thinking about the mirrors...havent made up my mind yet...and yup,bilge sits right up close to gas tank...would have rather had it in the rear at lowest point but couldnt find a flat spot on the bottom...

Thread Information