how much water should be coming out the exaust tube?(leaking case)

im having trouble trying to find out why and or how i am getting water in2 the crankcase of my 1993 polaris sl, it has all new gaskets, i made a jig to put over my exausT on the jugs and heads(engine is now dissasembled)so i could pour water down the water jackets of the jugs/heads, then i poured water down the water jackets of the crank case,and the exuast manifol to see if it would leak out anyware, but its not leaking any were that i can see, so were is my leak.??? BUT then i took a garden hose and hooked it up to the inlit of the large horn looking tube i have notice that water comes out the top of the horn(were it attaches to the exaust maniford water jackets like its spose to) BUT there is also a good bit of water comeing out the exaust hole witch would go write into the muffler and fill it up i belive..is this write? should it be doing that?? or does this mean my exaust tube is cracked.. could this be why my jet ski will run on the trailor but win i put it in the water it bogs down and then wont run at all till i pull it back out of the water?
    please some one HELP!!!

+1
    Please don't make new thread every time you have a question. Keep all related posts to same thread instead.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206530
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206777
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=206533

Flushing 101:
    Engine must be running before turning on water and water must be off before stopping the engine or it will be flooded.

iam sorry, i thought that i was putting a thread up in2 another cattagory, because i didnt get to many responses....sorry, iam kinda new to this site, and sight is not very user freindly at all...

1995 polaris slt.. all the wires from the cdi box down to the started burned real bad, can any one tell me why? should i replace the stater and the wires to the cdi, or should i replace the cdi to?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewater View Post
    1995 polaris slt.. all the wires from the cdi box down to the started burned real bad, can any one tell me why?

should i replace the stater and the wires to the cdi, or should i replace the cdi to?
    The usual cause is the plastic battery cover was left off the battery. This allows the battery positive post to touch/short to the metal shell of the electrical box.

A battery short to the electrical box casing causes very high electric current to flow through the thin black ground wires, including the black wire to the stator. The black wire gets very hot, melts the insulation from the neighboring wires. After a short while the black wire burns out entirely and fails.

Sometimes you can remove the stator and replace all the wires, end to end. Also inspect and replace any damaged wires inside the electrical box.

Sometimes it is easier and more reliable to just replace the entire stator.

Sometimes the CDI also fails, but I do not have any way to gauge the likelihood.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewater View Post
    1995 polaris slt.. all the wires from the cdi box down to the started burned real bad, can any one tell me why? should i replace the stater and the wires to the cdi, or should i replace the cdi to?
    I can test your CDI for you to rule that out. PM me if interested.

well yea mayb.. how much do you charge? i plan on replacing the stator, but can i use the cdi box from my scrap 1995 sl 750 on this 95 slt, i have noticed that from the stator to the cdi the wires are the same amount and same colar code, BUT there are more wires coming back out of the box on the other ski, so what do i do with them?

Thread Information