Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

+1

Introducing the... (crickets chirping)???

Hey there,

Sorry if this violates some sort of forum rule or tradition (I'm new here), but is there some reason we see threads "Introducing the 2014 lineup" for all the brands except for Kawasaki here? There's even that banner at the top of the page about Yamaha's new stuff... Is this because they paid for some sort of special advertising, or what? There's pictures, videos, etc. all linked as a sticky at the top of their pages, which is nice for someone new that's shopping and browsing the site.

Banned User
    +1
    Because they need all that crap to sell there skis.

As to where kawi people the riding does the selling.

3. +1 by:

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    that's funny chit there LOL

+1
    The reason there is not a "Introducing the 2014 lineup" for Kawasaki is because Kawasaki does not invite Jerry to see the new lineup, like Seadoo and Yamaha do.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    The reason there is not a "Introducing the 2014 lineup" for Kawasaki is because Kawasaki does not invite Jerry to see the new lineup, like Seadoo and Yamaha do.
    Pretty sure he was invited and did not show up irc he said he was going. At one point. MAybe I'm wrong though.

+1
    I was thinking that last night when Riva posted the new Sea Poo lineup announcement on Facebook. Kinda drives me nuts because there is so much potential in all the brands of PWC, but they seem to be concentrating performance on SD and mostly Yamaha, not much with Kawi. At least promote all the brands you sell. Oh well..

+1
    Well that's goes to show ya ! There was a post on the new Kawi line-up just last month. As to advertising Kawasaki just wont seem to spend the doe. But you have to admit there are a great deal of Kaawi Riders and builders on this site like everyone else. They are well represented !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Well that's goes to show ya ! There was a post on the new Kawi line-up just last month. As to advertising Kawasaki just wont seem to spend the doe.
    Right, I saw that. What I was noting was the disparity between the Yamaha announcement (gets its own headline on all forum screens) with content and impressions from the site admins directly, Sea Doo with a "sticky" in their section with content and impressions from the site admins directly. Then we get to the new Kawi information, which is buried on page 13 of a thread started by a regular poster here asking a question (and is quickly dropping off the front page of the forum).

I write and edit for a different industry's publication that has both print and web content. We try to track the changes for consumers of literally dozens of manufacturers worth of product. Last I checked, in the PWC world, you only need to follow 3 major makers and a couple of startups. How hard can it be? Getting invited to dealer shows is fun (they usually pick up the tab for the trip for press they like or think are influential)...

Again, my apologies to the mods if I'm stepping on something I shouldn't - I appreciate the tech information and other owner experiences enough that I'll continue to read and participate.
    Last edited by terminaldegree; 09-17-2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: forgot something

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    I was wondering about this myself and it is obvious there is some favoritism on this forum. That is fine. It reflects the owner/admin etc. interests which is okay.
    It kinda makes us Kawi folks like the rebel alliance. We always take the Emperor and Vader down.

Kawi is most definitely the red-head step child of the pwc industry. I'd like to say I just dont understand it, but I think I do. I'd say dealer kick back is a big driving force behind what they push on people. I've seen it several times with electronics, the last 2 TV's i purchased they were pushing samsung lcd's on me, I wanted a panasonic plasma. We just purchased a high effeciency front loading washer dryer combo, the salspeople were pushing the samsung crap on us, same with cell phone shopping, wife and I are looking to upgrade and verizon people were pushing us away from htc, didn't even mention motorolla and straight onto samsung stuff.

My buddy had a first hand experience just last month where the dealer was demo'ing a potential 300X sale and all he kept telling the customer was that the 300 is a terrible ski, worst choice he could make,,, I can only assume he was pushing a donkey or a turd on him.

Companies like sea-donkey and samsung have to make up for their HUGE advertising budgets somehow,,, and pushing product is the way

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information