+1

What's the biggest part you've ever lost?

Bought a Jim's modded head from Mike (Mike's GPR) a year and a half ago. Finally planned on putting it on the 1300 this weekend and I can't find the thing! As misery loves company, just wanted to know what you guys have lost while awaiting install.

+1
    I've heard that if you lose it before install, little blue pills can fix that.

+1
    The crying's over. Found the head in the bottom of a box I thought was filled with only bubble wrap. It was still in the box Mike sent to me. Sweet.

+1
    How heavy do you think bubble wrap was?

5. +1 by:

Does a sunk ski count as the biggest thing lost?

7. +1 by:

+1
    Back when Art at Engine tech was gonna do the Yamaha SCer impellers I sent him my SCer to get the move on the Yamaha Impellers. Well he sent me a couple prototype SCer impellers to test. The lastest one was sitting on my work bench in a Box. And as you guys know they are very light. Well a few months went by and I went out to the shop to install it since winter was comming to an end and well I found out my wife cleaned my shop and through the boxes out on my bench because she thought they were all empty.

+1
    I bet she doesn't clean anything in the shop now. Ouch.

working at a rental in key west we had just gotten a new fleet of vx's, 12 or 13 of them. They had all gotten broken in and oils changed before they were allowed out on tours. There were 25-26 hours on this particular ski....My tour goes out and we have a ski with a battery issue within miles of the shop(not one of the new ski). I have my tour play off in a ride area while i tow a ski back in with the intentions of towing another out. I grabbed one of the new ski and tie it up to my guide ski. There is about a 1 mile ride to my people, i can see them all. I have to cross a big boat wake, needless to say i was on plane and so was the ski i was towing...All of a sudden i look back at the ski and notice the seat isnt latched down all the way and just slightly hung on the handle. I begin to slow down to latch it when the tow line breaks and the seat flys off as it hits a boat wake. Next thing i know the ski bows up , still hiting the wave, the water fills the entire engine bay. The ski is halfway under water at this point and it all happened in a matter of 2 seconds. ...Skis hits wave, rope snaps, skis launches seat flys off and wave rolls over ski. BAM!!! Next thing i know i have a brand new ski rolled over upside down. With no seat. i get the bright idea to try and reattach the seat to the ski before trying to flip it over...apparently i only got it 99% of the way on and while it was turning over it slipped up and filled with water, the ski its right side over now, but much deeper in the water, the entire engine bay and motor are full and the water is almost level with the handle bars...30 second later, just the hood and tops of the bars were visible ....just after it flipped i made a call to the shop and they were on their way with a boat. Im grab more line to tie the sinking ski to my guide ski and start driving it in the direction to shore as quick as i can. We get the ski tied to the boat and a lot of the water pumped out. It got drug to shore and i grabbed another ski and kept the tour going. This all happened in like 5 mineuts, and not a single tour member knew about it. I got back to shore and the ski needed about 10 hours of work. about 900 worth of new parts and it ran like new again.

+1
    How heavy do you think bubble wrap was?
    That was the clincher. If I would have just lifted the box the first three times I searched the garage...

working at a rental in key west...
    Tony,
    What was the deductible on your insurance? May have been cheaper to let it go. But that's not a very good story now is it?

A damn vx110 throttlebody costs like 900 bucks... THAT is where the bulk came from. Then new batt, plugs, oil , filter. Was all it needed...

I did have a customer tbone'd and rip half the hull off on another new ski as well...luckilly my head took the impact. When I came to, my face was in the water, i the look up at my ski taking on water and the customer just idling around me in circles. I doggy paddle to the handbars and not even had legs on the ski started and drove it to the docks. Which thank jesus were a stones throw away. The ski died halfway up the floating docks and i manage to get a bowline around the handlebars and around a railing nearby. It was some freaky stuff and its hard To think about. But i saved the ski and a measly $1900 dollars later...the guy that reglassed te hull
    Did an amazing job and charged us less then half of what he should have. A chunk from the handlebars to the ride plate
    Was taken out. I turned so hard right before he hit me that the bottom of the hull took most of the impact and i ricochet'd off his hood. I cracked in into 16 pieces....boy the stories we had over the years there!!

Thread Information