+1

Ported 1300 plugs

Hey guys please take a look at my plugs. Fuel settings look good? This is from my 03 GP1300R ported ski. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379377635.385947.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	313793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379377701.745108.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	313794Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379377730.124773.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	313795

unless you doing wide open runs cutting the lanyard right away these are useless to look at. You need to run it full power then cut the power off right away and then take a plug out to really see how they are running. IF your coming into a 10 minute no wake zone lets say and the just put it on the trailer and check them at home they are only showing you the coloring of a long idle.
    Not saying you did not do it properly but just posting pics and not giving the info of when you pulled them will not give you a good opinion of that coloring on them now.
    Also I look more into the wash on top of the pistons personally than the plugs. Bought a snapon video scope on ebay for 120 bucks best money I ever spent!

also to add to that they should be a nice tan coloring for best tune, the white portion below the electrode

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    unless you doing wide open runs cutting the lanyard right away these are useless to look at. You need to run it full power then cut the power off right away and then take a plug out to really see how they are running. IF your coming into a 10 minute no wake zone lets say and the just put it on the trailer and check them at home they are only showing you the coloring of a long idle.
    Not saying you did not do it properly but just posting pics and not giving the info of when you pulled them will not give you a good opinion of that coloring on them now.
    Also I look more into the wash on top of the pistons personally than the plugs. Bought a snapon video scope on ebay for 120 bucks best money I ever spent!
    Lets say these are pulled right after a long full throttle run. Ski ran for less than 30 seconds at idle after 2 a mile WOT

+1
    Plugs look pretty good to me. Post a picture looking straight at the curved electrode. You want a burn pattern halfway around the radius

+1
    are those Champion Iridium plugs?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    You're the only one to catch that. They are Champion plugs you can get at Walmart. Ross turned me on to them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike's GPR View Post
    You're the only one to catch that. They are Champion plugs you can get at Walmart. Ross turned me on to them.
    I could tell by the electrode they werent standard plugs

From my experience, the Iridiums don't wear or color quite like the standard plugs. Also the EFI motors usually show a little "whiter" on the ceramic than carbureted applications.
    Those look pretty good to me... they look a little extra oily. How many hours on the plugs and what oil ratio?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike's GPR View Post
    I could tell by the electrode they werent standard plugs

From my experience, the Iridiums don't wear or color quite like the standard plugs. Also the EFI motors usually show a little "whiter" on the ceramic than carbureted applications.
    Those look pretty good to me... they look a little extra oily. How many hours on the plugs and what oil ratio?
    I thought they looked a little oily too. Only 3 hours or so on the plugs with 40:1 Amsoil interceptor

...I thought the Amsoil/Interceptor was recommended for 50:1?

[Edit: the other reasons to ask is the possibility it may explain the oily synthetic residual, and to a lesser degree the slighty lean plug(s) - though the first picture looks good... .]
    Last edited by jim mcgreehan; 09-20-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Thread Information