Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How to winterize a Polaris Genesis FICHT 99

Just bought a Polaris Genesis FICHT 1999 PWC, love it! What do I do for winterizing, are their carbs to fog or not? Very new to this and want to do it right. I watched a few YouTube videos. and they were showing changing engine oil and antifreeze, I don't think this model has that? Any process of what to do for winterizing would be greatly appreciated and/or maintence FYI's would be great with this PWC. Thanks....

I live in Wisconsin so it gets pretty cold here!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

See my signature links, for starters.

If you do a search on here for Winterization, that should also turn up some good info.

The actual winterization process is quite simple for Polaris 2-stroke watercraft engines, even for the Ficht fuel injected models like your Genesis FFI. The only 'trick' is to tip the nose of the hull up as high as you can get it, let it drain from a minute or so. That drains out the fresh water from the cooling system, after which you can complete the winterization of the engine fogging and fuel stabilization.

+1
    Last edited by K447; 09-17-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks for the info, where are your signature links? Anything real specific to the FFI? Thanks for your patience, but I have seen no carb n carb for the FFI? Does it have one so I know to fog it, I'm trying to broaden my little bit of mechanical knowledge I have but I was always taught 2 stroke/ carburetor but then you throw in fuel injection and I am confused. Thanks once again

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

Arrow Change your Settings to enable Show Signatures and Show Avatars

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome

If you do a search on here for Winterization, that should also turn up some good info.
    Quote Originally Posted by yukon10 View Post
    ... where are your signature links? ...
    See the highlighted text in my post? You can click on that.

Do you see a photo and some text right below my posts? That would be my 'signature'.

If you do not see anything underneath my posts, then you need to change your forum Settings so that Show Signatures is enabled. The Settings link is in the very top right of the Greenhulk web pages.

Do you see a photo beside my posts? That would be my 'avatar'. Enable the Show Avatars setting to see this.

Yes I just turned them on, I will start searching tonight for genesis ficht topics. Thanks for taking the time to help, anything else important I should know specific about winterizing besides tilting up? Take care

Welcome

... where are your signature links? ...
    See the highlighted text in my post? You can click on that.

Do you see a photo and some text right below my posts? That would be my 'signature'.

If you do not see anything underneath my posts, then you need to change your forum Settings so that Show Signatures is enabled. The Settings link is in the very top right of the Greenhulk web pages.

Do you see a photo beside my posts? That would be my 'avatar'. Enable the Show Avatars setting to see this.

K447, I noticed some caulk is falling off where black plates meet fiberglass hull behind grate. It is grey, do you know what kind it is? It looks like the same stuff they used around all of the black metal plate on bottom. It is a tough spot to reach due to plates and propeller on other side, probably will have to use a dowel

+1
    K447, I noticed some caulk is falling off where black plates meet fiberglass hull behind grate. It is grey, do you know what kind it is? It looks like the same stuff they used around all of the black metal plate on bottom. It is a tough spot to reach due to plates and propeller on other side, probably will have to use a dowel
    Assuming its just the stuff that got squeezed out during assembly, its nothing to worry about. A picture would be helpful.

+1
    Thanks for the info, where are your signature links? Anything real specific to the FFI? Thanks for your patience, but I have seen no carb n carb for the FFI? Does it have one so I know to fog it, I'm trying to broaden my little bit of mechanical knowledge I have but I was always taught 2 stroke/ carburetor but then you throw in fuel injection and I am confused. Thanks once again
    Tip the trailer up, run the motor briefly with throttle blips. Tip it back down, spray fogging oil into each cylinder while running (alternate the cylinders to attempt to get it uniform). Pull the plugs, spray a little oil in, crank it a few seconds, put the plugs back in. Some have also advised to remove the EMM input cooling hose, and blow compressed air into that hose, to ensure the stator cooling jacket is emptied of water, as an extra precaution.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information