Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

So, how long till there is a Spark 4tec???

Come on then for those who have seen one in the flesh, is there enough room??

I see the pump being an issue at 142mm and the tunnel is probably small too, and what with this new plastic material, making modifications to the hull will be much harder.

Its as big as an XP and a 4tec has been fitted to that hull.

This is just a shits and giggles thread, nothing serious... I love that Seadoo have done the exact oposite to the others and come up with something that will help support the sport into the future, Id personly love to see a one make class at the 14 worldfinals, showroom stock apart from cosmetics and handling. something to get the next generation of racers into.

Racing aside tho, as its such a small part of the sport just getting the next generation onto a seadoo, or even any generation onto thier first water craft is a huge move in the right direction!!! Well done seadoo.

R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post

I see the pump being an issue at 142mm and the tunnel is probably small too, and what with this new plastic material, making modifications to the hull will be much harder.

This is just a shits and giggles thread, nothing serious... I love that Seadoo have done the exact oposite to the others and come up with something that will help support the sport into the future, Id personly love to see a one make class at the 14 worldfinals, showroom stock apart from cosmetics and handling. something to get the next generation of racers into.

Racing aside tho, as its such a small part of the sport just getting the next generation onto a seadoo, or even any generation onto thier first water craft is a huge move in the right direction!!! Well done seadoo.

R88

We had a 4tec in a 96 XP so it is only a matter of time

+1
    4 tec is too much weight for that ski...

+1
    The two seater can hold 350lbs (I think).
    The 4tec has a good 100-150lbs on the Ace, so that leaves 200-250lbs of rider payload available. That's plenty for most riders--and the three seater spark has a higher rating.
    Someone will play Dr. Frankenstein and make it work.

+1
    IDK....ACE motor is very small compared to the 4tecs. The picture seems to indicate that ACE motor takes up a lot of room in that hull.

Is it do able??? Maybe, time will tell what someone will be willing to do. But it sure doesn't look like it would be very easy at all.

+1
    I think a sparks racing class would be great, I still race my Polaris 785 pro in the 800 class when its working, and it goes over 60 mph,
    A stock sparks class would be cool to have,

7. +1 by:

+1
    check out what I just found on IJSBA, paragraph 9
    http://www.ijsba.com/2013/09/15/ijsb...-two-of-three/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post

R88

We had a 4tec in a 96 XP so it is only a matter of time
    Do you have any video or photos because I've never actually seen a running x4 4tec.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skigolfnut View Post
    check out what I just found on IJSBA, paragraph 9
    http://www.ijsba.com/2013/09/15/ijsb...-two-of-three/
    that is cool as shit! I think a class the average guy can afford to race in will really help the sport. Wish my son was old enough to race.

+1
    From what I could tell, without measuring or any real side/side comparisons, an oil cooler relocation (really, really need to keep the fittings close to the engine) and some footwell updates might "fit" it in the ski. After that it's going to be a matter of mods for driveline.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information