Thread: winterizing

hey guys hows it going i'm new hear i have an 03 gtx 185 sc and just want to know the best way to winterize my ski i have looked up many different ways i cant find the winterizing steps in my shop manual or service i know that i have to add fuel stab to the tank as well as lube everything and i just did my plugs and an oil change is fogging fluid required for the 4-tec ? and if i get the flush attachment for the water intake can i use it to flush my pump out with antifreeze right out of the bottle with a hose ? all advice and tips would be great thanks.

DFW- Tx
    Are you storing it outside in the cold? That depends if you need antifreeze.
    Run the ski on your last outing with Stabil in the tank so it gets all thru the fuel lines and injectors. Then refill the tank and add more Stabil. You can fog thru the injectors- remove the 2 bolts holding the rail on and spray into each hole. I then re-install and go ahead and start it for a sec and shut it down when smoke appears. I remove the rail 1 more time and spray again but this time I don't start the ski, just crank it a few times holding the throttle wide open ( drown mode). Others may do it differently but its works for me. Pull your battery and put it on a battery tender. Spray down metal parts with fluid-film, put the seat back on leaving it not latched and a gap for moisture to escape and put the cover on.

Thread Information