Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Replace jet pump?

For those of u that have replaced your jet pump how my hours u had on ur ski before having to replace it?

+1
    you should never need to replace it unless you or a previous owner abused it

90 hrs most of them less than 20mph

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Mine (stx-12f) had 240 hours before the liner swelled but the ski was left in the water a few times (salt) without my knowledge. I had a customers ski (stx-15f) with a swelled liner with 20 hours on it that actually had the casing corroded almost all the way through because it sat on a floating dock with its ass in the water for 2 years. You can get a new liner for around 100 bucks but its another hundred to hundred fifty for install and not much more for a new one.

Sean

There should be zero play in these pumps correct? I have about 1 inch play front to back.

+1
    wtf are you saying the shaft moves 1"? if so yes the bearings are well and truely shot more than likely your engine also

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer190 View Post
    There should be zero play in these pumps correct? I have about 1 inch play front to back.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    wtf are you saying the shaft moves 1"? if so yes the bearings are well and truely shot more than likely your engine also

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer190 View Post
    It appears the person I bought it from replaced the thrust washers because there are signs the motor was out and the bottom was open, and I have no play in the crank. But the pump is shot. I did a search ultra 250 jet pump update" having a hard time finding any info on how to build the pump to the new specs. I thought I read somewhere you must change the shaft along with the bearings?

+1
    you havent just brought this ski have you, as there was another guy on here explaining all the same symptoms!!

just look at parts diagram for the 300x, and order the 3 bearings, 3 seals, spacer, shaft, rear nut, shaft o-ring.
    you may reuse your spacer and seals if they are still ok.

I would not even start the Ski on the Trailer until you get this sorted out!!! Hopefully the issues just pertain to the Pump area. You may want to consult a qualified Jet Ski mechanic in your area just to be sure. JB

+1
    waz has been helping this same ski in another thread with a suspected fuel issue jb its not looking good for the poor guy, another neglected ultra passed on to an unsuspecting buyer

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    I would not even start the Ski on the Trailer until you get this sorted out!!! Hopefully the issues just pertain to the Pump area. You may want to consult a qualified Jet Ski mechanic in your area just to be sure. JB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information