Thanks for all your help!!!! and still have ?s

Hi Guys thanks for guiding me through getting my 04 rxp to work right..... I was struggling with cavitation issues and couldn't figure out what was causing it.

I replaced the wear ring with an SS ring(stock one was still good), replaced the carbon seal (original was not causing water leaks but there was dust inside), and had the dealer rebuild the charger (no more ceramic washers) Currently the ski has 170 +/- hours

She takes off like crazy now, huge night and day difference. I also installed a Riva intake grate. All of these things combined cleared it all up!!!! if it wasn't for the forum and your help I sure as hell wouldn't have figured it out.

The only issue that still remains is that Im at the same top speed of 68-69 Indicated turning about 7750Rpms, hit 7800 a few times. Weather at about 85*, low humidity, California weather on calm lake.

What else can I do to trouble shoot my rpms being lower than they should be?

+1
    My 04 RXP hits 69 and a few times 70. That's about all you will get unless you start modding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    My 04 RXP hits 69 and a few times 70. That's about all you will get unless you start modding it.
    Mine has a few things done to it, its not stock.... its the pretty much a stage 1 kit.... my MPH is indicated so in reality im hitting like 65-66mph on a GPS with a stage 1 kit with low RPMs, something doesn't seem right with my top end...

Banned User
    +1
    You need to get to 8100 rpm....start by checking your oil level....make sure the ski is level (bubble level on rub rail)...Dipstick should not read full, but more like 2/3-3/4....Anything more, and you loose RPM...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    You need to get to 8100 rpm....start by checking your oil level....make sure the ski is level (bubble level on rub rail)...Dipstick should not read full, but more like 2/3-3/4....Anything more, and you loose RPM...
    yeap did that too, level is good...

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Make sure your Riva intake grate is still actually attached to your hull ....

I'm guessing your running a Solas prop? If so.... it's needs a bit of tweeking!

+1
    Have you checked your compression or done a leak down test.
    If your compression #'s are low your not going to get max rpm or speed.

Thread Information