Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: clarification

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

clarification

whats constitutes a commercial/dealer thats not allowed to sell parts?if i came on here and do exactly what zigler does but i don't have a business name does that mean i can sell but he can't?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The Classifieds forums on Greenhulk are intended for individual members who are already participating and supporting the watercraft user forums and the watercraft community.

It is not meant to be a venue for large scale or frequent selling of large amounts of stuff, nor the marketing of off-site services or products.

Ultimately, it is up to Jerry to decide whether a commercial or significant scale seller shall be permitted. If someone is planning to use Greenhulk to sell in this manner, the best approach is to ask Jerry directly.

The Polaris forums are somewhat unusual in that there is significant posting volume and user participation, but the commercial Greenhulk online parts store does not offer Polaris related products or services. Since there are so few service shops and parts sellers that actively support the Polaris brand, some commercial presence is acceptable for the few that do bother to assist and have a presence here.

+1
    so its o'kay for zigler to list his stuff,he ACTUALLY contributes to the forum by offering advice.so list away john!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    so its o'kay for zigler to list his stuff,he ACTUALLY contributes to the forum by offering advice.so list away john!!!
    Really ,
    Didn't know he as a BIG DEALER infact he was a small used parts dealer until he bought out the Watcon name which was originally allowed to sell on here so I would say he was grandfathered in ??? and what is he selling on here anyways I haven't seen he post on here in months except his pump brace the other day . He does not contribute on here because just like every other repair guy on here theres always somebody ??? there answers anyways ,so guys get tired of the know it alls on here and i'm sure he could care less if h every post on here again infact most people know where to find him anyways so I don't know what your crying about !!!

Banned User
    +1
    John does offer advice and contributes positively to this forum. He generally does not list things for sale in the classifieds. It seems the only time he offers things for sale is when someone is asking about a specific part. Occasionally he lists things for sale. I think the spirit of the rule is to keep people from only coming on here to peddle parts. Is like to see that enforced better.

6. +1 by:

+1
    dam lugs whats the bug up your ass!!!for the last 3 years you seem to hate on just about everybody.if the classifieds are gonna become the next craigslist section thats fine,but don't exclude someone because of the difference of having a business name and paying taxes vs someone who doesn't yet does the same thing. nuf said

For what its worth.....I fine this forum very helpful as a owner of two "OLD" Polaris skis. I'm a fairly good mechanic but not when it comes to these things. I'm the one out here that leans on all of you to keep me straight. I need to fix a broken ski and don't care who sells me a CDI for a 2000 virago 1200, just as long as i can get a fair shake. I appreciate every one of you. I just retired from the army after 30 years of service including 12 years of WAR... I have learned that people matter and little S*@T don't bother me. I don't know who K447 is, but that dude has done a great deal of work explaining things to me without trying to sell me a thing.
    Dan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    Really ,
    Didn't know he as a BIG DEALER infact he was a small used parts dealer until he bought out the Watcon name which was originally allowed to sell on here so I would say he was grandfathered in ??? and what is he selling on here anyways I haven't seen he post on here in months except his pump brace the other day . He does not contribute on here because just like every other repair guy on here theres always somebody ??? there answers anyways ,so guys get tired of the know it alls on here and i'm sure he could care less if h every post on here again infact most people know where to find him anyways so I don't know what your crying about !!!
    Hello Bob. Thanks. I understand what you are trying to say, and can appreciate your post. I have had RCJS since 1995 ( in business legally, started out as Rad Racing). "Used" parts actually have always been a very small part of my business. I do full service on all makes / models, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Polaris, Honda, Sea Doo, etc. I have many new parts on hand for all machines. With the acquisition of WATCON from Randy, I now have a "better" more business like web site that may make it "look" like I am now different, but honestly, I am still the same shop. Before I bought the name from Randy, I had many of his products on hand any way.

I DO realize I may walk a "fine line" at times. I do NOT mean to step on any ones toes here. Honestly I think the rules were put in place to protect Jerry, and his store here. It is HIS web site, and I sure would NOT want any one coming on "MY" web site and competing with me. Thing is, he really specializes in SeaDoo, and some Yamaha. I am sure, if I stated posting seadoo parts / items for sale, I would be in trouble.

I really do not think he pays much attention to the "Polaris" forums.

Also, I came here, YEARS ago, as per Al's request (Ph2ocraft) when there was a BIG blow up on another Polaris forum. Everyone left, and came here. Jerry was good enough to let us all in, and post Polaris stuff here. At that time, this was a "seadoo" ONLY site. In-fact it was me that recommended adding a Kawasaki forum as well.

I will say, I do not post as much as I used to. There are many reasons, MOSTLY just because I am busy in the shop. Also a lot of times, there are already good answers to a question, and IMO there in no point in posting the same answer that someone else has already handled. If you look, I really do not post much for sale. I DO occasionally answer the wanted ads, or to people looking for help with items. I do this really to help out. I try very hard to take care of all you Polaris guys, with good quality products.

I hope this post comes off as I intend as just "information"

Thanks to everyone for your support.
    Last edited by john zigler; 09-20-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Info removed

+1
    i just think that YOU should be able to benefit just as much from the classifieds as the guys who do nothing but part out skis.

11. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    For those of you looking for good used parts, Johns parts are nothing but first rate. He is almost always the first place I check when I am looking for something .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information