Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Riva RRFPR psi drop

is it normal if i have my psi set to 58psi and once i shut the engine down it goes to 40 psi? is this a problem or should psi maintain at 58 after engine is shut down?

If you have it set up to be rising rate, the pressure in the rail will run about 45 at idle. About 53 with a dead motor and about 65 at WOT if set up correctly. With these settings, you will need a full tune to get the AFRs dialed in.

If you are not running a RRFPR, then set the fuel pressure to 65 and still get a full tune. 60 PSI may be enough if your injectors are about 60s or larger. You still need a full tune.

Hope this helps

Andy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    is it normal if i have my psi set to 58psi and once i shut the engine down it goes to 40 psi? is this a problem or should psi maintain at 58 after engine is shut down?

Yes it drops when the engine is shut off for the easy answer your looking for............PERIOD!!!!!!!!!

4. +1 by:

It may drop once the fuel pump stops....

The 60 lb number assumes about 255 HP at 8500 rpm with a fuel pressure drop of about 50 PSI across the injector, 85% duty cycle and a BSFC of right at 60.

If you assume my VT11 injectors are really closer to 105 lb and you use the 55% DC that I am getting at WOT, the numbers back into my HP is right at 288. Everything works out just as expected.

Andy
    Last edited by whittlebeast; 09-18-2013 at 11:19 AM.

+1
    uuuh the answer is yes......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    It may drop once the fuel pump stops....
    Andy

that's all he asked ENSTEIN and u don't even know that part..........im not sure why u r making a SCIENCE PROJECT out of this but the REAL QUESTION was if the gauge dropped when the boat was off.........maybe if u learned to read better and understand the initial ? u wouldn't waste all your time trying to show everyone how SMART u think u r when it has JACK SH!T to do with the ? that was actually asked.......now tell me u don't even have an FPR on your boat to know if it drops
    ......JOKE...hahahahahaha....PERIOD!!!!!!!!

8. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Mine goes to zero once shut off and stays where I set base at idle. I monitor afrs via mtxl, couldn't tell you what it goes to once getting going

REID2168

And to think, that was the short answer......

I bet you don't get into EFI programming logic with friends very often.

Andy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    REID2168

And to think, that was the short answer......

I bet you don't get into EFI programming logic with friends very often.

Andy
    HANDY ANDY I cant program anything don't claim to know anything about duty injector cycle or anything U do in every other post u make...I as well don't try and over step my LIMITED INTELLIGENCE in that or any other area unless I have HANDS ON EXPERIENCE..........however in your case EVERY F*CKING TIME someone asks a SIMPLE YES or NO question about ANYTHING TO DO WITH FUELING u go into duty injector cycle with some RPM range and HP capability that as stated previously doesn't have JACK SH!T TO DO WITH THE F*CKING ?...........if u need it spelled out any plainer than that u have a reading problem OR an intelligence inferiority complex as u try to prove what u know about MATH in every other post not me........ & u have it REAL F*CKING BAD!!!!!!!!
    .....PERIOD!!!!!!!!!

12. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    HANDY ANDY I cant program anything don't claim to know anything about duty injector cycle or anything U do in every other post u make...I as well don't try and over step my LIMITED INTELLIGENCE in that or any other area unless I have HANDS ON EXPERIENCE..........however in your case EVERY F*CKING TIME someone asks a SIMPLE YES or NO question about ANYTHING TO DO WITH FUELING u go into duty injector cycle with some RPM range and HP capability that as stated previously doesn't have JACK SH!T TO DO WITH THE F*CKING ?...........if u need it spelled out any plainer than that u have a reading problem OR an intelligence inferiority complex as u try to prove what u know about MATH in every other post not me........ & u have it REAL F*CKING BAD!!!!!!!!
    .....PERIOD!!!!!!!!!
    I think you nailed that one pretty good, Reid.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information