Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Please Polaris virage txi 2002

Guys I have a Polaris virage txi 2002 that don't spark the engine turn over but I got no spark I already send the EMM to Defitechnologies and they repair it but I still got same symptoms I don't hear the fuel pump start and I got no spark when the engine turns over. The ski only have 80 hrs and everything looks like is brand new I don't know where to start I got the manual but I was trying to see if anybody run thru this problem or if you guys have any input on this thanks in advance.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Did this machine ever run properly for you?

Check the CPS sensor ohms.

Bypass the LR-503 module for testing.

What is the battery voltage while cranking?

Is the lanyard in place?

I get the skis from my dad in law, he told me the ski run for a while and then died for like 10 or 15 minutes won't start again and do that again and again. But I never seen it running. I will check those things when I get off work and post the results in here thanks for your time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunicogaby View Post
    I get the skis from my dad in law, he told me the ski run for a while and then died for like 10 or 15 minutes won't start again and do that again and again. But I never seen it running. I will check those things when I get off work and post the results in here thanks for your time.
    Well, that could be the EMM going bad, or suffering from lack of water cooling.

These EMM require the small water cooling lines be able to actually flow water through the EMM and exit out the back of the hull. If a hose gets clogged or kinked the EMM will cook itself.

That's why I sent it to repair I was reading about that on one of your threads but I already unclogged the lines but would the computer cook it self just for trying to start the ski off the water for less than 1 minute? Because I just receive the EMM from dfitechnologies and they said that try repaired and tested so that's why I discard that option.

+1
    That's why I sent it to repair I was reading about that on one of your threads but I already unclogged the lines but would the computer cook it self just for trying to start the ski off the water for less than 1 minute? Because I just receive the EMM from dfitechnologies and they said that try repaired and tested so that's why I discard that option.
    It does sometimes happen that a DFI repair doesn't completely fix the EMM. It can happen. Not often, I hope.

And sometimes the EMM was indeed in need of repair, but the EMM was not the only thing wrong.

There is no problem starting and running the engine out of the water. 20-30 seconds running time on a cold engine without water is just fine. The EMM can also handle short time periods without water.

Well I'm just hopping is not the EMM but if not I have warranty so that's no problem I just have to trouble shoot everything before taking that route because they just did repair it so I will check the resistance on the CPS and check the voltage while cranking and bypass the LR-503 module and write the results here I have another polaris virage 2002 but is carbureted so is not much help.

K447 your the man it was the EMM only problem was the Battery was putting 10.4 volts while cranking so I charge it and put it back and start right up I guess DFitechnologies did a good job. Thanks man

I put the ski in the water today and it run rough until about 3,500 rpm but then when I get it out of the water I notice it was a lot of water inside the hull. I put it in the water and let it float for a whole day before without running so I know is not the water plugs or the hull but when I get home I notice spark plug #3 rear or the jet ski was loosen with oil residues any idea?

+1
    I put the ski in the water today and it run rough until about 3,500 rpm but then when I get it out of the water I notice it was a lot of water inside the hull. I put it in the water and let it float for a whole day before without running so I know is not the water plugs or the hull but when I get home I notice spark plug #3 rear or the jet ski was loosen with oil residues any idea?
    Loose spark plug? Check the threads in the cylinder head for damage or excessive wear. Was the spark plug properly torqued to specification?

You can run the engine while the hull is still fully strapped to the trailer and backed down the launch ramp. Take the seat off and you can observe and inspect while it is running, with water pumping through the jet pump and the engine cooling system. Look for leaking hose clamps, worn hoses, spraying from gaskets on the engine, etc.

Also look for water dibbling from underneath the drive shaft just behind the engine, where the through-hull bearing is located.

Sometimes the rubberized seal between the front storage bucket rim and the hull need refreshing. The hood seals to the top surface of the storage bucket rim, and the bucket rim underside is supposed to seal to the hull opening. Both seals must be in good condition or water can get in when the nose goes through the waves while riding.

Make sure you have the correct spark plugs installed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information