Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Looking for a Polaris 1200 SLX in tri-state/New England

LMK if anyone sees anything on craigslist that he himself isn't going to buy or knows of anything for sale.
    Must be market price.
    Not running or needing work and cheap would be great as I have a plethora of parts.

Looking to move from my 1050 SLX into a 1200 and Id rather buy and sell complete skis than start swapping motors.
    I've had more than one 1200 in my sights this summer and haven't been able to land one.

On this subject- Ive found a 2001 Pro 1200 for $1500 without a trailer. Turn key boat.
    Is that about the best Im going to do on one? How hard are they to find overall? What are the primary differences?
    I like the fact that I can spin my 1050 out, wave jump with it, and whip it around. I am just disappointed with the lack of 'snap' that it has and Ive heard that's the primary difference between the 1050 and 1200.
    From what I read, the pro is a different hull.. if its designed more for handling than for fun I probably will like a regular 1200 better.

talk to me.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The SL hull is more of a playful hull. The Pro hull is more of a it-will-turn-and-go, if you can hang on.

Sponsons are only part of the reason, the Pro has a deeper vee design, as I recall.

An SLX 1200 is probably what you want, I suspect.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by caliburst View Post
    On this subject- Ive found a 2001 Pro 1200 for $1500 without a trailer. Turn key boat.
    Is that about the best Im going to do on one? How hard are they to find overall? What are the primary differences?
    I like the fact that I can spin my 1050 out, wave jump with it, and whip it around. I am just disappointed with the lack of 'snap' that it has and Ive heard that's the primary difference between the 1050 and 1200.
    From what I read, the pro is a different hull.. if its designed more for handling than for fun I probably will like a regular 1200 better.

talk to me.
    It does sound like you would have more fun for what you want to do on an SLX and on a side note, where the hell do you find these deals? If that Pro is turn-key and you're not interested in it, I would be.

It's not local. Would be an all day deal to get it. I'm interested just not sure when i can get to it.

Its no secret. look on CL. From now until February it's a buyers wonderland. Especially right before and after xmas when prople are broke and desperate to sell stuff. thats when i clean up.

+1
    Also, the SLX did indeed have less of a Vee as Keith said.

+1
    I'm sure it's way more than you want to spend, but if it's as clean as it looks and as clean as he says it is with a trailer and cover????

http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/4020639143.html

hell get thre pro! if its in stock form as far as handleing you can still throw it around and do 360s and jump waves. not quite as easy be sure to hang on lol. Here in AR slx 1200s are hard to find as well as any pro. Just don't see them around. I probably got the biggest collection in the 4 state area lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    I'm sure it's way more than you want to spend, but if it's as clean as it looks and as clean as he says it is with a trailer and cover????

http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/4020639143.html
    I went after that one the day it was posted. Guy thinks its worth $3000. It's been up there all summer. Resposted twice.

Kbb is like $1800 if in not mistaken and I typically see them sell for $1000-1500.

I'm a Craigslist vulture art. Not going to deny it. Looking for a score.
    $3000 is off the wall. Another guy on there wants to trade one for a jeep. Says trade must equal $4500.

Guess people have lost their minds.
    Deals will start showing up soon however. I'm patient.

I could just put a 1200 in my 1050 but I don't have electrics and I don't want to deal with hunting them down. I also need another project like I need a kick in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    Also, the SLX did indeed have less of a Vee as Keith said.
    That's why it slides around so easily. Just fun to ride. I really like that hull.
    Oy Downside is it beats you up in the chop.

I like my 1050 just doesn't have enough snap. Bottom end is soggy. I've inspected my pump and there's no issues there so it just must be the 1050.
    I've read that the curve is more aggressive on the 1200 and it hits much harder.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information