+1

Where to find cheap blown up ski's

So I'm searching for a blown up ski. I'm looking for a deal on a RXP or RXT >500. I know my dealer might be able to find something, but where do you guys find projects like this? Craigslist wants to much for stuff like this, especially when I have to pay 400-500$ just to go and get it.

+1
    Other than getting your local dealership that might have people bring in blown up skis I think Craigslist is the only other place to look.

Winter time is coming and people will be dropping prices on there skis very soon..

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    i get my projectskis at:

http://www.iblewupmyjetskiandnowiwan...akealoss.bucks

seriously, you are competing for the limited amount of project skis with shops like mine, ebay guys who make a good living stripping and parting these skis and everybody the owner has ever known or ridden with.

it ain't easy.

bring a wad of cash and don't dick around. make em an offer they shouldn't refuse and if they do, get back in your car and leave.

Not may people will take $500 for an RXP when you can get $300+ for a console and $200+ for a seat all day long..and let's not forget the jetpump, ride plate, ecu and all the rest of the high price goodies.

I'd offer a mimimum of $1000 for any junker 4-tec that comes my way that doesn't look like crap, as I can sell single trailers all day long for $300 and up

The last ski I grabbed for $500 was a 9 year old 951 di with ten hours with a fully rusted engine. Sold the trailer out from under it and the rest...well pure profit.

I turn away no salvage value mid 90's skis all the time

run some craiglist ads, offer a bounty to any local shop that finds you one.

I've got a kawasaki 15f with a busted rod on my lot ..but the guy wants $1500..told him he wasn't going to get it and I've been collecting $25 a month to store it for over a year. The cosmetics are rough. I could have sold the console alone a couple of times this year for $300+ That would be a good deal at a grand as the seat/jetpump/console pay for the ski and the trailer and the ecu provide some decent profit.

make it worth somebodies while to be your eyes and ears...is it worth $200 to you to get a lead on a deal you can actually close? Cause I'll say it again..$500 4-tecs come off the bottom of the ocean or wherever the elves ride thier skis.....and salvage folks call finders keepers on the ones that aren't economical to fix.

here's a free tip:

put some ads on the colorado craigslists, you might find a freshwater damaged 4-tec for a price.but you'll be bidding against me for em.

4. +1 by:

+1
    I Search craigslist everyday. I got my 07 RXP with a blown motor / S/C bearing went out, for about $300 once I sold off the trailer.

I Did manage to blow it up again after 3 hours when the prop came loose, but its running good now probably have around 2500 in it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Other than getting your local dealership that might have people bring in blown up skis I think Craigslist is the only other place to look.

Winter time is coming and people will be dropping prices on there skis very soon..
    Yeah, I saw prices were being lowered. But, I was more looking for a winter project. I might just wait for my dealer to call me up with a ski.

+1
    Ive asked the dealers around here, they said they cant sell a dmaged ski with out a dealer or scrap license or something

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    i get my projectskis at:

http://www.iblewupmyjetskiandnowiwan...akealoss.bucks

seriously, you are competing for the limited amount of project skis with shops like mine, ebay guys who make a good living stripping and parting these skis and everybody the owner has ever known or ridden with.

it ain't easy.

bring a wad of cash and don't dick around. make em an offer they shouldn't refuse and if they do, get back in your car and leave.

Not may people will take $500 for an RXP when you can get $300+ for a console and $200+ for a seat all day long..and let's not forget the jetpump, ride plate, ecu and all the rest of the high price goodies.

I'd offer a mimimum of $1000 for any junker 4-tec that comes my way that doesn't look like crap, as I can sell single trailers all day long for $300 and up

The last ski I grabbed for $500 was a 9 year old 951 di with ten hours with a fully rusted engine. Sold the trailer out from under it and the rest...well pure profit.

I turn away no salvage value mid 90's skis all the time

run some craiglist ads, offer a bounty to any local shop that finds you one.

I've got a kawasaki 15f with a busted rod on my lot ..but the guy wants $1500..told him he wasn't going to get it and I've been collecting $25 a month to store it for over a year. The cosmetics are rough. I could have sold the console alone a couple of times this year for $300+ That would be a good deal at a grand as the seat/jetpump/console pay for the ski and the trailer and the ecu provide some decent profit.

make it worth somebodies while to be your eyes and ears...is it worth $200 to you to get a lead on a deal you can actually close? Cause I'll say it again..$500 4-tecs come off the bottom of the ocean or wherever the elves ride thier skis.....and salvage folks call finders keepers on the ones that aren't economical to fix.

here's a free tip:

put some ads on the colorado craigslists, you might find a freshwater damaged 4-tec for a price.but you'll be bidding against me for em.
    Good info. I'm looking here in the Northeast. I'm going to keep going through craigslist and such. I might buy a blown 185 as sometimes they are cheap.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dsteinmann View Post
    Ive asked the dealers around here, they said they cant sell a dmaged ski with out a dealer or scrap license or something
    Yeah, my dealer said people come to them all the time asking if they would buy the ski for 500$ and they said if they ever get a blown 4-tec they'll call me.

+1
    I Search craigslist everyday. I got my 07 RXP with a blown motor / S/C bearing went out, for about $300 once I sold off the trailer.

I Did manage to blow it up again after 3 hours when the prop came loose, but its running good now probably have around 2500 in it

That's awesome. Exactly what I'm trying to find really.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    my bullshit alarm is ringing so loudly I can't hear myself sigh. Those dealers already has an "arrangement" with somebody, the same way I had an "arrangement" with the local junkyard to get a shot at picking from Honda accords that came in to be crushed for whatever reason.

only thing to watch out for are skis with "salvage" titles. The DMV typically wants to see lots of legitimate receipts for repairs before they will issue a registration for it.

Thread Information