Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Ripped off by user "om1ros"

I posted a request a few months ago in the Yamaha classified section for a cylinder and crank for a 2001GPR.
    User om1ros contacted me by pm that he had the requested parts for sale and he was located at Greece so shipping would
    be faster and cheaper than from the US .
    Cylinder was in great condition and the crank needed to be rebuilt ,he offered to rebuilt the crank for me .
    I asked for pictures from the parts and he send them to me and they look good, so i made a deal with him for $575-. inc.shipping.
    He let me know that it will take a few days to rebuilt the crank , no problem i understand that.
    I made the payment by Pay-Pal and asked him to inform me when he shipped the parts to me and also provide me the tracking number when shipped, it took a few days before i got an answer back and the told me that e shipped the parts but no tracking number available because shipping without tracking was $15.- cheaper so he chose that option.

This was the point when i become scared ,who in earths name would send a $575.- package without any insurance or tracking number?, he could ask me to transfer the additional $15.- and i would be happy to pay .
    After waiting weeks for my package i send him a email about the shipment and asked him if he would know how long it will take for the package to arrive .
    He told me that it was vacation time in Greece and my package will arrive soon.
    Waiting more weeks and a friend of mine works at Dutch customs and he told me that he could maybe track the package but he needs some sort of shipping note or something that can tell him where exactly te package was shipped from, so i asked him by email to provide me something so my friend could start looking.
    Guess what? Mailing stopped i never got a answer back and till today the package never arrived.
    He never planned to ship me the parts, took the money and played stupid.
    I thought this was a community to help each other out , itīs a shame that some morons use this forum to rip people off

+1
    thats a shame that a member bent you over like that !!!!!!! everything here in the states had a tracking number forjust that reason !

+1
    Gotta use paypal and always have tracking man. If someone doesn't want/use tracking, I don't deal with them. The less you leave yourself open for getting scammed, the less likely it will happen. At least with paypal you can file complaints and only be out shipping. Goodluck

Don't let 1 persons scamming ass discourage you from using this site. The wealth of knowledge on jetskies here is like no other on the internet.

4. +1 by:

Always Remember PayPal will less likely side with you if you send the payment as a 'gift or money owed ' . Unfortunately that requires you to pay the fees.

+1
    I explaned the problem to Pay-Pal but they only offer the buyer protection program with sites like Ebay.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-x View Post
    I explaned the problem to Pay-Pal but they only offer the buyer protection program with sites like Ebay.
    ? Did you pay as a gift?

+1
    Hate thieves and Liars, Sorry for Your Loss

+1
    I thought you can still file a claim with them if it was marked as goods purchased. I got ripped off on pwctoday once and I filed and they ruled in my favor BUT the guy closed his account and the credit card on file was expired so there was no way to get my $ back.

+1
    It's amazing what people will do for 550$.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-x View Post
    I don't really think paypal employees really know how to do their job, yet they know how to do their job when its presented in front of them...not sure if that makes sence but basically if you simply file a complaint and tell them a guy ripped you off and show them proof, you'll get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    I thought you can still file a claim with them if it was marked as goods purchased. I got ripped off on pwctoday once and I filed and they ruled in my favor BUT the guy closed his account and the credit card on file was expired so there was no way to get my $ back.
    That's odd because I had a guy close his account after he tried to scam me and send the wrong items but paypal was still able to establish a link to their account after calling their bank.

I also get an error on paypal when I've tried to use a expired credit card. Not calling you a liar, just saying these things were in my favor.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information