+1

WTB Octane 777 Dry Pipe Setup

Anyone know of a setup for sale? Looking to finish up my octane and need a pipe. Might as well look for the big one! Thank You. PM with info is best. -JW

Quote Originally Posted by VXSXH20 View Post
    Anyone know of a setup for sale? Looking to finish up my octane and need a pipe. Might as well look for the big one! Thank You. PM with info is best. -JW
    Given that this pipe is nearly impossible to find.. do you think that a superjet type-4 dry pipe could work? I Have one. the chambers look almost identical from all of the pics I have seen.

Because the Octane is such a specialized and uncommon ski the tech talk on it has died out over the years.
    I asked that question some time ago and couldn't get a definitive answer. The chambers look VERY VERY close. Im sure they are not identical.. but ????

Just a thought.

+1
    I think the 777 dry pipe was based off the type 9 setup. There used to be a spec diagram floating around but I can't find it online. I have seen one with a blaster limited pipe wedged in. Never heard how it ran though. How's the c4 compared to the octane production mod chamber?

I can't really say. I didn't ride my octane in stock form and the last time I rode a stock one was two years ago. I will say that the c4 is a nasty nasty pipe.

If you message " joe stang" on this site and tell him you want one he will give you a great deal.

I have the Riva dry pipe for a superjet. Riva used a factory type 4 or type 9 dry pipe, painted the manifold red, and stamped Riva on it. It looks nearly identical to the octane dry pipe.

I could be mistaking terminology on the pipe (Type 4/ type 9) that I have but it looks nearly identical to the octane pipe and I'd bet money that factory either modeled the octane dry pipe off this pipe or made some subtle change to this exact pipe and used it. I am only speculating and I have ZERO proof or experience with the actual octane dry pipe.. But this is a $400 pipe vs an octane pipe that will be twice as much IF you can ever find one.
    Might be worth a shot to try one and see what you get.

On a superjet a wet pipe is a better overall pipe than a dry. Lots more low end snap and better throttle response.

Octane is a diff ski.. Idk why it prefers a dry pipe.. And I don't know how this pipe would perform or if it would even be a an upgrade over stock. Again, I'm only speculating and kicking ideas around

+1
    I'm told by various Polaris guys that the octane 777 in stock production form was better suited with the wet mod chamber, however the engine will hit harder with slight mods such as higher compression heads, larger carbs, porting, reed upgrades and adjusted ignition timing . Rightfully so in their own respect.. But the dry responds better at higher rpms which is achieved by these suggested modifications.. Alot to think about. I have these already just thought I might squeeze a bit more switching to dry configuration.. I have no doubt the octane pipe was based off of another design rather than a scratch built piece.. I still wonder how the c4 will do compared to the wet pipe on mine originally...hmm

We had the dry pipe on one of our superjets and it made tons of midrange and top end. Ititerally didn't stop pulling until you let off because you felt like you were going to lose control. Without tubbies superjets get really squirrelly at high speed.
    In contrast the c4 made it an arm ripper out of the hole. A feather-touch of the throttle and there is instant snap.
    The c4 is a center-bleed so its a completely different type of pipe with a completely different dynamic

The two pipes were literally worlds apart... But the superjet is a different ski all together.

I'd think that you'd want more low end as it's already a big heavy ski and it will give it more pop and power for when you hit a boat wake.
    The octane already has tons of top end power to begin with.

Thread Information